The NAAN Registry Working Group (WG) oversees the registry of institutions that have been given a Name Assigning Authority Number (NAAN), with which they can begin assigning ARKs. The work consists mostly of responding to requests for new NAANs, but also to requests for changes to existing NAANs. Effectively the WG is a team of volunteer curators whose work will be ongoing. Although the WG is not expected ever to be finished, composition of the curatorial team is expected to evolve year to year.
NAAN maintenance. Create and refine processes that permit each NAAN request to receive a response within 48 hours (two business days).
Policy. In consultation with the Advisory Group, develop policies for deciding which requests are appropriate for the ARK community.
N2T resolution support. The NAAN Registry is harvested regularly to supply vital redirection information to the N2T resolver. Work with the Technical WG to ensure stable, error-free harvesting of registry information needed for continuous and reliable resolution.
Kickoff: clarify objectives and decide whether to meet regularly (eg, once a quarter) or on an ad hoc basis
Create a policy document
A private github repository for maintaining the master registry (private because it contains personally identifiable contact information)
A public repository to host the official public registry and derivative files.
- The NAAN Request form: https://goo.gl/forms/bmckLSPpbzpZ5dix1
The N2T resolver: n2t.net
The Advisory Group and the Technical WG
General WG features common across ARKA working groups
Here is the curator checklist (unless you are pre-authenticated at github, this link into a private repo will return a 404 error – a security "feature", not a bug).
|May 2021||Aurélien / Chloé||John|
|July 2021||Brian||Aurélien / Chloé|
Working Group Members
- Bertrand Caron BnF (curator)
- aurélien conraux French Interministerial Archives (curator)
- Chloé Pochon French Interministerial Archives (curator)
- Brian McBride University of Utah (curator)
- John Kunze California Digital Library (curator)
- Jermini Stéphane Geneva School of Business Administration - University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland
- Kurt Ewoldsen California Digital Library (advisor)
- Maria Gould California Digital Library (advisor)
Teleconferences are 9am San Francisco time on the third Wednesday of each month. Connection details included in calendar invitations.
Because this group handles personally identifiable information (PII), while anyone can send email to NAAN-Registrar@googlegroups.com, the discussion archives at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/naan-registrar are closed except to group members.
Agendas and Notes
- 2021-07-21 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2021-06-16 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2021-05-19 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2021-04-21 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2021-03-29 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2021-03-08 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2021-02-08 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2021-01-11 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2020-11-09 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2020-08-10 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2020-06-08 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2020-05-11 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2020-04-13 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes
- 2020-03-23 NAAN Registry WG Agenda and Notes