Date & Time
- Main call Dec 09th 16:00 UTC/GMT - 11:00 ET
Satellite call Dec 10th 08:00 UTC/GMT - 03:00 ETCANCELLED
We will use the international conference call dial-in. Please follow directions below.
- U.S.A/Canada toll free: 866-740-1260, participant code: 2257295
- International toll free: http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- Use the above link and input 2257295 and the country you are calling from to get your country's toll-free dial in #
- Once on the call, enter participant code 2257295
DSpace project governance changes
2014 Meeting objectives
From August until December 2014, the monthly DCAT meetings are centered around defining, refining and prioritizing DSpace use cases.
These use cases are expected to have an important impact on the medium and long term roadmap of DSpace, starting with DSpace 6 in 2015.
December Meeting Agenda: Structure use cases
During the December meeting we will be discussing structure use cases. Structure use cases are all needs that relate to DSpace's currently hierarchical data model of Communities / Collections / Items / Bitstreams, with associated configuration, metadata and authorizations. Are there things that you or your faculty wishes to do with DSpace that's currently not possible due to the structure of the system? Let us know!
We rather want to cover more use cases than to stick to a limited number, allowing to dig deeper in detail. This is why we will be asking the participants in the call for their institutions or personal priority after devoting ~5 minutes to an explanation and discussion about the actual use case. This means we hope to cover at least 10 use cases during the call.
Structure use cases that were already identified and logged in the Use Case space:
The best way to participate and contribute
If you have some time to spare to prepare for this meeting, it would be great if you could briefly list the most important structure use cases for you or your institution, especially if they are currently unsupported by DSpace.
- Sign up for an account on this wiki and log in.
- Put your use cases in the comment section of this page.
- Join either the main call or satellite call and tell us about your use cases
Discussed use cases
Call Attendees (main+satellite)
- Bram Luyten (@mire) - @mire
Maureen Walsh - Ohio State University
- Ignace Deroost - @mire
Pauline Ward - University of Edinburgh
Kate Dohe - Georgetown University
- Felicity Dykas - University of Missouri
- Elin Stangeland - University of Oslo
- Terrence W Brady - Georgetown University
- Sarah Potvin - Texas A&M
- Valorie Hollister - Durapace
- Peter Dietz - Longsight
- Mark Diggory - @mire
- Aaron Collier - CSU
- Steven - University of Minnesota