Here are the release notes for the most recent version of Islandora, as well as links to the appropriate Github repositories. Islandora is released twice a year. Rather than waiting for the release, some institutions prefer to run closer to the most recent code, where bugs might be fixed or new features added. If you encounter a bug in the release (there are always known issues), it's a good idea to review the Github repository for that module to see if a fix has been submitted. Islandora runs a continuous integration testing framework, which means that new code for Islandora is always tested before being merged.
Do not mix and match different versions of modules.
Some quick notes on community and contribution:
- Modules now contain a .github folder; we will be using this going forward to store a template for making pull requests that should be filled out when contributing.
- We're now maintaining an Awesome list at https://github.com/Islandora-Labs/islandora_awesome where users can take a look at some modules that aren't currently in the core rotation but could get added someday with enough love.
- For this and future releases, we've begun auditing ontologies in core. Head over to https://github.com/Islandora/islandora_ontology to check it out.
Islandora has been tested with the following versions of major dependencies:
- Fedora 3.5, 3.6.2, 3.7.0, 3.8.0, 3.8.1
- GSearch 2.6.2, HEAD
- Solr 3.6.2, 4.2.0
- PHP 5.3.3, 5.4, 5.5
- Djatoka 1.1
- Java (Oracle) 6,7,8 (Djatoka requires Sun/Oracle Java)
The following new features have been documented in the 7.x-1.8 release.
The following improvements have been documented in the 7.x-1.8 release.
The following bugs have been fixed and tested.
Code and Documentation Tasks
The following code tasks and documentation tasks were completed for the 7.x-1.8 release.
The following issues are known to still be active in the 7.x-1.8 release.