Here are the release notes for the most recent version of Islandora, as well as links to the appropriate Github repositories. Islandora is released twice a year. Rather than waiting for the release, some institutions prefer to run closer to the most recent code, where bugs might be fixed or new features added. If you encounter a bug in the release (there are always known issues), it's a good idea to review the Github repository for that module to see if a fix has been submitted. Islandora runs a continuous integration testing framework, which means that new code for Islandora is always tested before being merged.
Please, do not mix and match different versions of modules.
Ontology (Only as reference)
Some quick notes on community and contribution:
- Islandora Altmetrics has become Islandora Badges.
- Islandora JWPlayer will be discontinued after this release, as it is no longer possible to obtain a licensed copy of a version that is compatible.
Islandora has been tested with the following versions of major dependencies:
- Fedora 3.5, 3.6.1, 3.6.2, 3.7.0, 3.8.0, 3.8.1
- GSearch 2.6.2 - 2.8(Remote Solr), HEAD
- Solr 3.6.2, 4.2.0, 4.10.x
- PHP 5.3.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0.x, 7.1.x
- Djatoka 1.1
- Java (Oracle) 6,7,8 (Djatoka requires Sun/Oracle Java)
The following new features have been documented in the 7.x-1.10 release.
The following improvements have been documented in the 7.x-1.10 release.
The following bugs have been fixed and tested for the 7.x-1.10 release.
Code and Documentation Tasks
The following code tasks and documentation tasks were completed for the 7.x-1.10 release.
The following issues are known to still be active in the 7.x-1.10 release.
This release was brought to you by the hard, committed and altruistic work of the Islandora 7.x-1.10 Release Team, including
Rosie Le Faive