Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Zoom meeting information

Jennifer Bielewski is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: DSPACE Marketing Interest Group Feb 10
Time: Feb 10, 2021 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
 
Join Zoom Meeting
https://lyrasis.zoom.us/j/91965422178?pwd=VkdWZXUwNWFmaEFKV2RxZ2tqRG9BUT09
 
Meeting ID: 919 6542 2178
Passcode: 412552
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,91965422178#,,,,*412552# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,91965422178#,,,,*412552# US (Chicago)
 
Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        877 853 5257 US Toll-free
        888 475 4499 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 919 6542 2178
Passcode: 412552
Find your local number: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/u/aexL5anPOz


Agenda

*This was a make-up meeting since we missed meetings in late January and the first week of Feb.

Let's discuss launching Google Form for gathering use cases and tweets: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zgE2IQxiTceVxyS_tZFX_Qccc2Z0g6tG4TRq7zZVHzE/edit
              Q1: Can we launch? Notes: Let's send to the DSpace Google Community first before the public (twitter). Jenn will send to the Google group this week.

Open Repositories Conference. Deadline extended: https://or2021.openrepositories.org/
              Q2: Who is submitting a proposal? Notes: Jose sent in a proposal. Tim Donohue sent in two proposals; one being a DSpace 7 is live: new features, how to upgrade.Both Jose and David are reviewers. Please place proposal acceptances here: DSpace 7 at OR2021

Call for Newsletter content

  • Send to Leadership Group for content
  • Send to DSpace 7 Working Group
  • Send to DCAT

Q3: May I go ahead and send the Call for Newsletter Content to the Working Groups and start gathering news worthy items for our review? Notes: Jenn sent the template to Kristi a few weeks ago. Jenn will circle back to Kristi to see if there's any feedback. Will add this to the agenda for Feb 17 for any changes before sending it to the working groups for content.

What is a repository update?
              Q4: David, how is this going? Notes: David incorporated Susanna's feedback. Jenn will check with Sam, LYRASIS Graphic Designer, to see what format this needs to be for the blog/website. See file here.

Website update?
              Q5: I will provide a quick update. Notes: It is unlikely that the website will be ready by June (OER) especially if we choose a new platform. It has to be build, proofed, tested and launched.

What can we work on next? New Video? Youtube playlist?
              Q6: Ideas for a next project? Notes: Yes, let's look and compile videos: existing installations, presentations from previous conferences but check to make sure the content is still current and not obsolete. This will be a work in progress. Future work: let's define a strategy for creating/call for DSpace 7 videos. Jose is also looking into transcripts for youtube videos.


Open Agenda Items
              Q7: Any open items? Notes: Susanna suggested a virtual "I use/I am a fan of DSpace" button or Zoom background the community can use during conferences. Jenn will follow-up with Sam.

Minutes: We met for about 40 minutes to discuss and catch-up on a few working agenda items. We will launch the google form calling for DSpace news/share an instance. Jenn will announce the form and our purpose on DSpace Community-Google Group. Jenn will check with Kristi on the Newsletter template and will send the feedback to the group. We'll keep this as an agenda topic. David gave an update on the What is a repository. He incorporated Susanna's changes. We agree it looks great. Once we are ready to go forward, we will send to the Leadership group and DCAT for feedback. Sam, graphic designer, will provide formatting feedback and once it's approved by all, we can post to the blog and DSpace.org.

Proposals were submitted by Jose and Tim Donohue for Open Repositories 2021. We should know if they are accepted in 1-1.5 months.

We discussed the DSpace Tweets and DSpace youtube channel. Jenn will look into tweetdeck for notifications/alerts from DSpace tweets to retweet and tweet more from this account. We will review and build playlist with current, still valid DSpace videos. Goal is to tweet these videos as well as potentially add videos pertaining to DSpace 7 to the new website.Jose is also going to look into how transcripts are created in youtube and if languages can be translated. A future goal of the the Interest group should be/will be is to define a strategy for creating/collating/compiling DSpace 7 tutorials. Jenn will look at Atmire/4Science and others for video content to add to the playlist as well as the Google form to capture DSpace installation/how to videos from the community.

As for open items, Susanna had a good idea to bring back in some form the "I use DSpace. I am a fan of DSpace" button for conferences/user meetings. Now that so many of us are virtual, perhaps a zoom background or badge is possible? Jenn will inquire with the LYRASIS graphic designer.

Present: Jennifer Bielewski, Jose Carlvalho, David Corbly, Susanna Mornati




  • No labels