Contribute to the DSpace Development Fund
The newly established DSpace Development Fund supports the development of new features prioritized by DSpace Governance. For a list of planned features see the fund wiki page.
The OR2021 conference is a free, virtual conference that took place from June 7-10, 2021. See https://or2021.openrepositories.org/
Public Q&A on DSpace 7 (from OR2021)
At OR2021, we created a public Q&A Google Doc and encouraged anyone to ask anything they wanted answered on DSpace 7
- Public Q&A Doc: https://tinyurl.com/or2021-dspace7-QA
This document may be a reference for common questions regarding the upcoming DSpace 7.0 release.
DSpace 7 Workshops
"Getting Started with DSpace 7.0" Basic Workshop (3 hours)
- Description: This 3 hour workshop will provide attendees with an overview of the DSpace 7 platform, and hands-on activities preparing you for your next upgrade.
- This workshop will be based on a similar one held at OR2019 and the 2019 DSpace North American User Group Meeting, but will be updated based on the 7.0 Final release
- Presenters: Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire) , Andrea Bollini (4Science)
- Content Contributors: the DSpace 7 Working Group
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1auB2sRQAv3gocskDzf0SYkVpO0_HWqHd9nirNNY4TRM/edit#
(Be aware, the beginning of the workshop had some technical difficulties...feel free to fast forward through those!)
- Slides: https://tinyurl.com/or2021-dspace7-workshop
- Archived copies in OR2021's Zenodo repository: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4908059
DSpace 7 Presentations
DSpace 7.0: Coming to a DSpace near you
- Description: This talk will give an overview of the DSpace 7.0 final release, including what to expect in the upgrade, overview of all new major features and a brief demo.
- It will also discuss the challenges we faced in such a large project, and how we sped up development in 2020 despite a pandemic.
- Presenters: Tim Donohue
- Content Contributors: the DSpace 7 Working Group
- Proposal (Draft): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LNN1rY4Kb-cJYdW4lFgU0hQDoGAMrz75P2VxYCORHS0/edit#
(DSpace 7 talk starts at 18:24 in video)
- Slides: https://tinyurl.com/or2021-dspace7
DSpace 7.0: Configurable Entities
- Description: This talk will do a deeper dive into the new Configurable Entities feature of DSpace 7, including how to configure custom object models for your DSpace.
- This talk will be based on a similar one held at OR2019, but will be updated based on the 7.0 final release
- Presenters: Lieven Droogmans
(Configurable Entities talk starts at 1:41:10 in video)
DSpace 7 - Enhanced Submission & Workflow
- Description: This talk will do a deeper dive into the new Enhanced Submission and Workflow features of DSpace 7, including how to configure, customize & use this feature (and differences with DSpace 6 and below)
- Presenters: Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) , Andrea Bollini (4Science) and Claudio Cortese (4Science)
This talk will be based on a similar one held at OR2019, but will be updated based on the 7.0 final release including for instance details about the transition from BTE to the Live Import Framework
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14jYYQE-Bl9g4fqRJb1HtNwV5Rb2h9k-5UISflPAWmg4/edit?usp=sharing
(Enhanced Submission & Workflow talk starts at 1:23:23 in video)
Other DSpace related talks at OR2021
This section includes other DSpace-related talks proposed for OR2021. Please feel free to add your own talks.
Results from the OpenAIRE Call for Innovation: Enrich local data via the OpenAIRE Graph
- Description: 4Science released two new free services for DSpace and DSpace-CRIS: Data Correction and Publication Claim, resulting from the proect: Enrich Local Data via the OpenAIRE Graph. The work was funded by OpenAIRE - Call for Innovation.
- Presenters: Bollini, Andrea, Mornati, Susanna, Digilio, Giuseppe (4Science), Piščanc, Jordan (University of Trieste), Artini, Michele, & Atzori, Claudio (CNR Italy).
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AeLZT2MpQmUV2PO_TWlEmGerBxvRwss3GLDbu-hXLL8/view?usp=sharing
- Slides: http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4923451
(Talk starts at 01:08 in video)
ORCID and OpenAIRE Compliance for DSpace
- Description: 4Science released two free patches to make DSpace 5 and DSpace 6 compliant with the OpenAIRE requirements for Literature Repositories, including ORCID for authors. The work was funded by a group of Canadian universities.
- Presenters: William Roy, Courtney Earl Matthews (Queen’s University, Andrea Bollini, L. Andrea Pascarelli, Susanna Mornati (4Science), Kathleen Shearer (COAR), Pierre Lasou (Université Laval).
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hkzrq6vVEyiyTfTyAFaOwHAVvpC6Hhve-GIma376o3o/view?usp=sharing
- Slides: http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4973626
(Talk starts at 14:16 in video)
Publications Router: populating repositories automatically
- Description: 4Science released a free patch to make DSpace 5.10 and 6.3 compliant with the RIOXX/REF requirements in UK repositories. The work was funded by Jisc.
- Presenters: Steve Byford, Adam Rehin (Jisc), Andrea Bollini, L. Andrea Pascarelli, Susanna Mornati (4Science).
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kd-g2U_N_x0VvwJ2qKDvSiTNhHpZ1psGlpQyl80D9Mc/view?usp=sharing
- Slides: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4974760
(Talk starts at 43:34 in video)
PeruCRIS: A National Research Information Infrastructure based on DSpace-CRIS
- Description: PeruCRIS is the Peruvian project for setting up and operating a National Information Network on Science, Technology and Technological Innovation. It is based on open source software and open standards. The national central hub, called PeruCRIS Platform, is being developed with DSpace-CRIS 7 at its core.
- Presenters: César Olivares Susanna Mornati (4Science) Alfonso Maza (Semicrol)
- Proposal: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lkb-sbbcaw_IhAN3Cvo7SzWb3rVda52/view?usp=sharing
- Slides: https://or2021.openrepositories.org/?p=517&preview=true
(Talk starts at 07:06 in video)
The Repository Rodeo
- Description: The Repository Rodeo returns for 85 minute panel. This popular panel, featured since Open Repositories 2016 in Dublin, offers a broad overview of the main repository platforms at Open Repositories. Join community representatives from Dataverse, DSpace, EPrints, Fedora, Haplo, Invenio, Islandora, and Samvera as they briefly explain each repository.
- Presenters: Maureen Walsh, Danny Brooke, Rory McNicholl, Tim Shearer, Taylor Mudd, Sara Gonzales, Arran Griffith, Heather Greer Klein
(DSpace talk starts at 08:41 in video)
- Slides: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4986930