The VIVO Conference is the major annual event for knowledge exchange and networking in the VIVO Community. Regarding the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic being a threat to large parts of the world, it seems reasonable to switch to a virtual conference for this year. In this task force we will organize this virtual event.
By hosting a virtual event, we hope to engage people who would not typically be able to attend a VIVO Conference.
- Find a program committee that organizes high quality presentations for the 11th VIVO conference
- Organize the technical framework for a virtual conference
- Find a suitable format for this event
- Establish technical and organizational support before, during and after the event.
- a virtual VIVO conference with an attractive program
Perhaps the conference can be in mid/late June?
Solicit members and schedule first meeting
Develop action items, assign to team members
Schedule the conference; communicate save the date
VIVO 2020 Conference
- tba.: task force lead & facilitator
- Mike Conlon(University of Florida, facilitator)
- Christian Hauschke (TIB)
- Anna Guillaumet(SIGMA)
- Ralph O'Flinn (University of Alabama, Birmingham)
- others to be solicited from the VIVO Community
US morning, European afternoon. Doodle to come.
Distribute proposed charter and solicit participation from community via email@example.com
Slack channel #vivo2020. Join VIVO Slack here: http://bit.ly/vivo-slack
- Conference communication through Twitter (VIVO LG), conference web site (http://vivoconference.org), email lists.
Agendas and Notes
Notes will be linked here