VIVO [Pronunciation: vee-voh] is member-supported, open-source software and an ontology for representing scholarship. VIVO supports recording, editing, searching, browsing and visualizing scholarly activity. VIVO encourages research discovery, expert finding, network analysis and assessment of research impact. VIVO is easily extended to support additional domains of scholarly activity.
Search the VIVO Wiki
- The VIVO 2021 Conference was held June 23-25, 2021, as a virtual event. Watch the talks online at the TIB AV Portal. See VIVO Conference for the program.
- Conferences Attended and to Attend lists upcoming conferences of interest to the VIVO community. If you are attending an upcoming conference, please add to the list, and consider organizing a VIVO session or presentation.
- A short tour of VIVO | FAQs | Considering VIVO
- The latest version of VIVO is 1.12.2, released in February 2022. See what's new
- VIVO is used at many institutions around the world
- Learn how membership supports VIVO and become a member today
- VIVO 2021 Annual Report
VIVO developers and implementers
- VIVO is a Java Enterprise application built around the Jena Semantic Web Framework. See GitHub
- VIVO technical documentation
- Join the Development Interest Group
- Want to quickly install and evaluate VIVO? Install a VIVO Vagrant
The VIVO ontology
- VIVO uses a collection of ontologies to provide an extensible data standard for describing scholarship
- Join the Ontology Interest Group to help manage the VIVO ontology.
- SPARQL is the query language for semantic data. Learn more about SPARQL.
Participate in the VIVO community
- Join one of the VIVO email lists to participate in discussions, ask questions, learn more
- Follow us on social media – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blog
- Join Slack here: http://bit.ly/vivo-slack
- Check out the VIVO Registry and register your site
- To edit this wiki or post issues to the VIVO JIRA issue tracker, request an account from email@example.com.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with problems logging on to or accessing this wiki.