- Thank you to meeting note-taker
- Departing and new members
DSpace Development Report
Update on the current status of DSpace 7 development
- Reminder of how we got here (See "Milestones" in DSpace Release 7.0 Status)
- DSpace releases (Project Boards on GitHub)
- Post 7.0 development (Prioritization of features& Prioritization of 7.x features
- 7.1 Release Status (Due Nov 1)
- Numerous Bug fixes, accessibility fixes & other minor improvements
- 7 likely new features (4.5 community-contributed, 2.5 funded)
- Item Versioning (high priority, funded)
- Collection Harvesting via OAI-PMH (high priority, funded)
- Request a Copy (high priority, 1/2 funded, 1/2 community-contributed)
- Import Entities via Simple Archive Format (SAF) (medium-low priority, community-contributed)
- Import OpenAIRE funders as Entities (unranked, community-contributed)
- IIIF Support (unranked, community-contributed)
- Simplify creating Entity using Collections for each Entity Type (unranked, port from DSpace-CRIS, mostly community-contributed)
DSpace Community Advisory Team report
- Update on DCAT activities
|4||5 min||Working and Interest Group Reports|
Brief updates/Q&A from Working and Interest Group representatives.
|Governance Working Group (wiki link)|
|Product Visioning Working Group (wiki link)|
|Marketing Interest Group (wiki link)|
Kristi Park (chair, Governance Working Group)
Scott Hanrath (chair, Product Visioning Working Group)
Jenn Bielewski (chair, Marketing Interest Group)
Financial and Fundraising Report
- Financial report (FY2021 and August 2021 reports shared in email)
End of FY20-21 Overall: Performed slightly better than budgeted
- Budgeted for $ 12k investment; actual $ 8k
- Overall net assets: $ 16,396
Summary of 7.0 Paid Development Costs
- $ 317,427 overall 7.0 development (Beta 1-5 and 7.0); over 2 fiscal years
- $ 163,227 fund-raised (over 2 fiscal years)
- $ 8,299 in net assets as of Aug 31
- Not yet using LYRASIS line of credit
Laurie Arp, Kristi Park
|6||15 min||Elections process and timeline|
- Report on process and timeline of Leadership election
- Report on process and timeline of Steering Group and Chair elections
- Reference: DSpace Leadership Group
- Open positions to be considered in the new year
- 28 Bronze members = elections for 3 seats (1 seat for every 8 )
- 12 Silver members = elections for 3 (1 seat for every 4)
- 10 Gold = all have seats in governance
- 3 Platinum = all have seats in governance
- 2 community-at-large seats for DSpace Community participants (non-members)
- Other ex officio participants
DSpace Value Proposition
Discuss and gather feedback from Leaders on the value proposition for DSpace, as a means to seed discussion and work by the Membership Engagement Group and related groups in our efforts to recruit new users and members.
Leaders will break into 4 randomly assigned groups.
We will take 25 minutes for breakout discussions and then return for 20 minutes to report out and discuss with the whole group.
Guide for breakout discussions:
- Record group members in the notes document.
- Identify reporter to report highlights of the discussion out to the larger group.
- Each group will discuss the following topics/questions and report back to the full group:
- What is the DSpace value proposition for your institution? What are the most important reasons your institution uses DSpace?
- Which parts of the value proposition do you think are most unique to DSpace (versus true of all repository platforms)?
- What do you think would be the most compelling arguments for DSpace membership targeted at (a) library administrators (b) repository managers (c) software developers / technology folks or (d) other audiences?
- Who at your institution makes decisions about (a) which platforms to use and (b) where to devote financial resources to for support of open source/open access?
Breakout #1 notes
Breakout #2 notes
Breakout #3 notes
Breakout #4 notes
|Kristi Park, all|
|9||5 min||Any other business, as time allows|