The DSpace Steering Group is the primary decision-making body of the DSpace Program. It sets the strategic direction of the program, with advice and consent of the Leadership Group. It provides on-going program oversight and ensures that the priorities of the Leadership Group and members are met.
Steering Group members are elected and empowered by the Leadership. Their responsibilities include:
- Operational oversight, including time-sensitive decision-making
- Development of strategic priorities, for approval by Leadership
- Recommendations for budget allocations, for approval by Leadership
- Assistance with fundraising
- Commissioning of and liaising with working groups
- Agenda-setting for quarterly Leadership Meetings
Composition of the Steering Group
- The Steering Group is composed of 9 members.
- Steering Group members serve for three-year term, renewable terms.
- Steering Group members are elected by the Leadership, but can be from outside of the Leadership Group.
Meetings and Communication
- The Steering Group meets monthly.
- Steering Group meeting notes are shared with Leadership Group members but not made publicly available.
- The Steering Group communicates decisions within 2 days of a meeting to the Leadership Group to ensure transparent communication. Any Leader or Steerer can call an emergency meeting of the Leadership Group on these decisions.
The DSpace Leadership Group approves the overall priorities and strategic direction of the program. The Group’s responsibilities are:
- Approve the annual budget
- Approve the DSpace product roadmap and strategic plan
- Nominate and elect Steering Group members and DSpace Program Chair
- Vote on significant changes to strategic direction or product roadmap presented by the Steering Group
- Help to raise funds and secure other resources on behalf of the DSpace Program
Composition of the Leadership Group
The Leadership Group is made up of members that contribute annually to the project, along with representatives from the DSpace Community at large who are particularly committed to the Project, including Service Providers.
Eligibility to serve in the Leadership Group is determined based on the membership levels as follows:
- Platinum - 1 seat per member
- Gold - 1 seat per member
- Silver - 1 seats for every 4 members
- Bronze - 1 seat for every 8 members
The Leadership group will also benefit from the participation of:
- 2 Members nominated by the community at large and voted by the Members
- Representatives from Registered Service Providers
- Ex-officio and/or emeritus members
Current members of the Leadership Group may be found at https://duraspace.org/dspace/leadership-group
The Leaders are elected for a 1-year term and there are no term limits.
Meetings and Communication
- Meetings are held four times per year, in September, January, April, and late June.
- Emergency meetings may be called by any Leadership (or Steering) member between established meeting times.
- Agendas and meeting notes from Leadership Group meetings are shared publicly.
Both the DSpace Leadership and Steering Groups holds regular video conference meetings.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://duraspace.zoom.us/j/9963190968
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16468769923,,9963190968# or +16699006833,,9963190968#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 996 319 0968
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/h6HCh
- Please check here for meeting notes (SG meeting notes are private).
Previous Meetings Notes