SPARQL is a powerful query language for VIVO. Using SPARQL queries one can find and tabulate data in VIVO, create reports and export data to other software. SPARQL is intended for use by programmers and data managers. It is related to SQL, which is used for management of tabular data stored in relational databases.
- SPARQL Tutorial
- Apache Jena SPARQL Tutorial
- Getting Started with SPARQL
- For understanding SPARQL, it may help to understand how it is related to SQL, the query language for relational databases: http://www.cambridgesemantics.com/semantic-university/sparql-vs-sql-int
Learning SPARQL is an excellent O'Reilly book. The book's web site has examples, video and other resources for those learning SPARQL.
Examples of using SPARQL with VIVO
And even more SPARQL queries
- SPARQL Queries for Publications and Authors
- SPARQL Queries for Data Management
- SPARQL Queries Regarding Positions