Today's Meeting Times
Friendly reminders of upcoming meetings, discussions etc
- DSpace 7 Working Group: From May 7-18 DSpace 7 Community Sprint 1 is in progress. See DSpace 7 Community Sprints page for Sprint meetings
DSpace Entities Working Group: Next meeting is TBD. See wiki page for meeting details and past meeting notes.
- DSpace Developer Show and Tell Meetings: Next Show & Tell will be May 15 at 15:00 UTC.
If you have a topic you'd like to have added to the agenda, please just add it.
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 7 Status Updates for this week (no major updates - other than Sprint going on)
- DSpace 7 Working Group is currently concentrating on building out search, submission, authentication and MyDSpace functionality. 4Science submission/workflow UI (see video, slides) to be submitted as series of PRs in coming weeks.
- DSpace 7 Dev Status spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18brPF7cZy_UKyj97Ta44UJg5Z8OwJGi7PLoPJVz-g3g/edit#gid=0
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 6.x Status Updates for this week
DSpace 6.3 Release Planning is ongoing. Thanks to those who have been helping out with tests and reviews over the last week.
As noted previously, the target release date is May 21, and some PRs will be shifted to 6.4 as we don't have enough resource to get through them all.
- The highest priority is testing and improving the ORCID v2 API functionality (DS-3447). If you have time to help, please try out the newest pull request at https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2039 and join the conversation / reviews in Github.
Tickets, Pull Requests or Email threads/discussions requiring more attention? (Please feel free to add any you wish to discuss under this topic)
- ORCID support broken: - DS-3447Getting issue details... STATUS
- - DS-3649Getting issue details... STATUS
JIRA tickets / PRs waiting for final approval in 6.3
DS-3795 https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2032 (master)
DS-3769 https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1891 (dep on #1890)
These topics are ones we've touched on in the past and likely need to revisit (with other interested parties). If a topic below is of interest to you, say something and we'll promote it to an agenda topic!
- Management of database connections for DSpace going forward (7.0 and beyond). What behavior is ideal? Also see notes at DSpace Database Access
- In DSpace 5, each "Context" established a new DB connection. Context then committed or aborted the connection after it was done (based on results of that request). Context could also be shared between methods if a single transaction needed to perform actions across multiple methods.
- In DSpace 6, Hibernate manages the DB connection pool. Each thread grabs a Connection from the pool. This means two Context objects could use the same Connection (if they are in the same thread). In other words, code can no longer assume each
new Context()is treated as a new database transaction.
- Should we be making use of
SessionFactory.openSession()for READ-ONLY Contexts (or any change of Context state) to ensure we are creating a new Connection (and not simply modifying the state of an existing one)? Currently we always use
SessionFactory.getCurrentSession()in HibernateDBConnection, which doesn't guarantee a new connection: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-6_x/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/core/HibernateDBConnection.java
- Should we be making use of
Help us test / code review! These are tickets needing code review/testing and flagged for a future release (ordered by release & priority)Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P Status Fix Version(s)
Newly created tickets this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Assignee Reporter P Status
Old, unresolved tickets with activity this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P Status
Tickets resolved this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Tickets requiring review. This is the JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P
IRC Transcript is available at - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2018-05-09