- There were tons of great ideas from the use cases discussed in 2014. The question arose which use cases should really be discussed by the steering group, as not al of the use cases have the same priority. This will be the topic of our first call. Each attendee is expected to create there their personal use cases top 5 and put it into a comment on the wiki page of the February meeting before the start of the call.
- DCAT is a good group for finding deficiencies or improving the DSpace documentation as most of us have a not to technical background but are experienced IR repository managers.
- maybe we put the bar to high for people who want to attend the meetings for the first time. There are two things we could change for improving this:
- Maybe DuraSpace could provide some training (just explaining) on things that are relatively simple for experienced users, but might be complicated for new users. Such topics could include how to ingest workflow or how the handle system works.
- Up to now we are using conference calls for the DCAT meetingmeetings. Because this medium itself could form a certain threshold, we might want to consider other media,e.g. Google Hangouts.
- The format of the meetings should be taken into consideration. There's the idea of a webinar format, in which someone first gives a 20 minute slideshow presentation on the topic followed by a discussion.