Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Modified Time: 

Our next meeting will be at 12:30pm Eastern Daylight/9:30 Pacific Daylight/16:30 UTC on April 10th. For those in the UK/Europe, please double check your local time as we did have daylight savings time change in the USA -- and this always seems to trip us up a bit: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20120410&p2=419&p3=770.

Attendees

Amy Lana - University of Missouri
Bram Luyten - @mire
Iryna Kuchma - eIFL.net
Jennifer Laherty - Indiana University
Jim Ottaviani - University of Michigan
Maureen Walsh - The Ohio State University
Sarah Shreeves - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Sue Kunda - Oregon State University
Valorie Hollister - DuraSpace
Yan Han - University of Arizona Libraries

Guest Attendees

Mark Diggory - @mire 

Dial-in

Discussion Topics

 

Topic

Discussion leader

1

Enhanced Embargo

Mark/Jim

2

Questions/comments/additions to news/events update

Val

3

Action item status updates

Val

4    

Old JIRA issues

ALL

5

Improving metadata projects

Val

6    

New JIRA issues

ALL

7

What's up for discussion this Thurs/Fri?

ALL

8  

Other items?

ALL


Actions from previous meeting

Action Item

Assignee

Status

DS-456 Easy upgrade script - start community-wide discussion

Iryna

ready to publish email? discussion link, everyone have one last look by Friday - Iryna to sent out by Mon

DS164 deposit interface for modifying input forms.xml

Jim

need to get DCAT consensus on priorities/requirements discussion link - get on the discussion schedule

DS-560 XMLUI News in config dir

Bram

need to get DCAT consensus on requirements discussion link - aim to get same functionality as JSP UI - set at UI vs. sys config file, low priority

Metadata priorities - start project groups

Val

created new pages under "Development Proposals": 
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Standardizing+the+default+namespaces and 
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Updating+the+Qualified+Dublin+Core+registry+in+DSpace+to+the+latest+standards+of+the+DCMI
any DCAT members interested in working on these?
will create similar pages for other priorities and send out msg to mailing lists

language translations: Claudia and Bram to create a JIRA issue, Tim to use it to re-start discussion w/cmtrs

Bram/Tim

April 10th: No response from Claudia so no new JIRA ticket was created. However, Tim made a very useful summary of the current DSpace-Tech discussion on this topic.

Hold DCAT discussions via email / the discussion forum this Thurs and Fri, topics? Input on the DCAT Discussion Schudule page
1) DS-587 tombstone (will be a new JIRA issue w/clarified objective) (Sarah)
2) DS-1115 Streaming server requests (Amy)

ALL

DONE

Select new JIRA issue

ALL

 

 

 

 

News & Events

  1. Upcoming DCAT meeting dates: 
    1. May 8
    2. June 12
  2. OR12: 
    1. Pecha Kucha, posters and demos due April 11 (tomorrow!)
    2. Save the date: Monday July 9th - Developers/DCAT mtg in Edinburgh: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2011-06-06+-+OR11+Meeting
  3. News 
    1. Sorting Out Differences Between DSpace or Fedora Repositories and Content Management Systems
    2. NEW DuraCloud for Research Wiki Web Site
    3. ICPSR Survey on Data Curation Services for Repositories - open until April 13
    4. Announcing DSpace 3.0 and Changes to DSpace Release Numbering
  4. Webinars:
    1. upcoming "Hot Topics" webinar series in May: Managing and preserving audio and video in your digital repository     
    2. previous series recordings available: Digital Preservation Planning  
  5. Events    
    1. SPARC OA Meeting in Kansas March 12-13 and Dpace User Group Meeting March 14
      1. @mire's Meeting Summary
      2. DuraSpace Summary of Summaries 
    2. JCDL in Washington June
    3. OR12 in Edinburgh July 9-13

Minutes

Enhanced embargo

-embargo option at item level in DSpace currently as well as several embargo options in the community

-@mire worked on enchanced embargo for Univ of Illinios - more granular, individual bitstreams

-@mire is working on enhanced embargo for Univ of Mich - combine community embargo features available and enhance

-looking for validation/feedback on business reqmts from DCAT - please add to comments section at bottom of the wiki page: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Advanced+Embargo+Support

-specific feedback

--permissions on embargo bitstream/item - should submitter be able to see? not universal, but maybe make configurable?

--ability to set up community and collection to allow/disallow embargo -- so it becomes part of the submission process   

-moving forward with development - few months of development/testing to validate solution for Univ of Michigan - push over to DSpace code base before end of summer

-need requirements/feedback by May 1 

Actions Items from this meeting

Action Item

Assignee

Deadline

Hold DCAT discussions via email / the discussion forum this Thurs and Fri. Input on the DCAT Discussion Schudule page.  
1) DS-1093 (predecesor DS-638) Check file format complete (Elin)
2) DS-456 Easy upgrade script - start community-wide discussion  - all DCAT please review email to community one last time: https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=25470158

Elin
ALL

April 12-13
April 12-13

DS-456 Easy upgrade script - start community-wide discussion

Iryna

April 16

Requirements/feedback for Enhanced Embargo: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Advanced+Embargo+Support

ALL

May 1

Metadata priorities - create pages for other priorities and send out msg to mailing lists

Val

April 18

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • No labels