Date & Time
- August 8th 15:00 UTC/GMT - 11:00 ET
We will use the international conference call dial-in. Please follow directions below.
- U.S.A/Canada toll free: 866-740-1260, participant code: 2257295
- International toll free: http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- Use the above link and input 2257295 and the country you are calling from to get your country's toll-free dial in #
- Once on the call, enter participant code 2257295
The August 8th meeting will focus on DCAT providing input to the work of DSpace 7 and DSpace 6.x
- DCAT input on DSpace 7 facilitated by Tim Donohue, DSpace 7 Working Group, and Felicity Dykas, DSpace 7 Marketing Working Group
- DSpace 6.1 and 6.2 Mini Testathons facilitated by Terry Brady, DSpace Developers
Preparing for the call
- If you can join the call, or are willing to comment on the topics submitted via the meeting page, please add your name, institution, and repository URL to the Call Attendees section below
- DSpace 7 updates:
- DSpace 7 meetings & notes: DSpace 7 Working Group
- Angular UI demo: https://dspace7-demo.atmire.com/home
- REST API demo: http://dspace7.4science.it/dspace-spring-rest/#/dspace-spring-rest/api
- Angular Workshop materials from OR2017: OR2017 DSpace Angular Workshop
- Question: When will it be released?
- Answer: Aiming for a alpha/beta for OR2018, and a final release out later in 2018. Timeline may change based on # of developers involved (obviously).
- Question: What is the message for someone getting involved with DSpace 6 now, considering the existing UIs will no longer be supported in DSpace 7?
- Answer: Keep in mind that DSpace 7 is coming soon, so you may not want to make significant theming changes to a DSpace 6 UI (either JSPUI or XMLUI)
- However, there are no data model changes planned between DSpace 6 and 7. So, custom metadata fields will be automatically ported into DSpace 7
- Configuration will also not change between DSpace 6 and 7. So, configuration changes/tweaks will also work in DSpace 7.
- Also worth noting we always support the last 3 major releases. Currently support DSpace 4, 5 and 6. So, even when DSpace 7 is released, we'll still support 5 and 6 for some time. So, if you are on DSpace 6, expect to be supported for at least two years after the DSpace 7 release. There will be no rush to upgrade immediately, and you'll have plenty of time to plan out your upgrade locally.
- We are looking for:
- More developers. Get in touch if your staff is interested in getting involved!
- A designer: currently all UI work is using core/default Bootstrap themes. We're in search of a Bootstrap designer to provide some exemplar theme(s) for DSpace 7.
- Ongoing feedback: As efforts progress, we'll be doing public video updates. Feedback welcome
- DSpace 7 UI Outreach Group (Felicity Dykas)
- Working on:
- Review and comment on use cases: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Use+Cases
- UI examples of inspirational design and functionality
- Desired features list
- DSpace Slack signup: Slack
- Maureen Walsh (Ohio State University)
- Bram Luyten (Atmire)
- Ignace Deroost (Atmire)
- Tim Donohue (DuraSpace)
- Felicity Dykas (University of Missouri)
- Terrence W Brady (Georgetown University)
- Claudio Cortese (4Science)
- Kimberly Chapman (University of Arizona)
- David Corbly (University of Oklahoma)
- Marianne Reed (University of Kansas)
- Iryna Kuchma (EIFL)
- Valerie Collins (University of Minnesota)
- Andrea Bollini (4Science)