Thursday, April 1, 2020, 10 AM US Eastern Time
To join the online meeting:
- Go to: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/vivo1
One tap mobile:
US: +16699006833,,9358074182# or +19292056099,,9358074182#
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 929 205 6099 or 877 853 5257
Meeting ID: 935 807 4182
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aeANHanzED
Ontology Interest Group Google Folder https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1RGBh4fDZdzpJdwyiUMO8OPWwkcmVYrI0
Google Doc for meeting notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AUccf5tN3i84VowEcdj1jf_6Q6Tq3sFFl_pWZqdbI98/edit?usp=sharing
- On-line VIVO conference. See VIVO Conference 2020 Task Force
- Pidapalooza report
- Mathias Brochhausen
- EuroCRIS Technical Committee
- AEON (Academic Events Ontology)
- Global persistent identifiers for conferences and Crossmark for conference proceedings. - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1URIvkUpzcfjSd2YFIS-rdRIrOyrKSbFfhkdpGPRTAFI/edit#heading=h.p82ujrkj8tpx (related activity)
- Language Ontology
- draft domain definition https://github.com/vivo-community/language-ontology/wiki/Domain-Definition. Ready to post on vivo-community for comments?
- Comments on ontology
- A draft ORG ontology
- ORG is relatively straightforward given previous work on OpenVIVO, Early Thoughts document, and ROR/GRID data. Would need to work out subsumption, dispositions (most orgs have dispositions/capabilities rather than functions or types), and addresses/locations.
- What artifacts besides the ontologies themselves are needed? Training aids? Conversion aids? RMLMapper maps? SHACL constraints?
- VIVO On-line conference. End of June?
- The Ontology Group is interested in pulling in ontological fringe cases into the spotlight.
- Maybe a keynote with ontological focus.
- Pidapalooza – conference metadata and conference identifiers
- Anna collaborating with students who want to represent links. They build upon the work of http://www.scholix.org/schema. http://ontology.tib.eu/rio/ might be relevant to them.
- Mathias. Deontic acts. Document acts. Academic degrees. And Relationship: Grant, Membership. "The third thing". Perhaps qualities.
- Reconciling models. VIRO and EuroCIRS. Others? Fall time frame.
- Document. Requesting comments. Metadata schema. Early document. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gVzfEB04s8745FcC6pijcc83EX4m4cpjqP4Vnu_-fKM/edit?ts=5e6f7929#heading=h.xrbahacp7oj
- In discussion with Springer regarding conference metadata. Martin Fenner from DataCite involved.
- Basic model for conference PIDs. Very high-level – CrossRef, ORCID, DataCite. Mint some PIDS for conferences.
- Language Ontology
- Librarians tend to use ISO 639-2. Came out of LD4P. Language ontology goes to ISO 639-3.
- Might be "too lightweight". Might nit be sufficient to represent the language of a document. A quality of the document. In a document ontology? Can not cover all the use cases. Focus on the languages.
- Review domain definition.