Friday, August 30 at 11:00 pm EST
= note taker
To join the online meeting:
- Go to: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/vivo1
One tap mobile:
US: +16699006833,,9358074182# or +19292056099,,9358074182#
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 929 205 6099 or 877 853 5257
Meeting ID: 935 807 4182
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aeANHanzED
- Combined EFS and VIVO event prospectus (Julia, 15 minutes) PDF available here: EFSVIVO prospectus v3 edited.pdf
- questions about revenue. What is projected revenue from all sources.
- questions about synergy
- positive about FIU
- vendors likely to overlap, so perhaps no new revenue
- effort for organizing? New effort from the Expert Finder people. New effort from FIU.
- Connecting expert finding organizations at the state level to academic expertise
- Doug: perfectly fine. DJ: plus/minus. Likes the idea of combining. Liked the EFS conference. Mike: Leaning positive. Revenue and break even should be addressed. Would be good to invite FIU people. Anna: Important regarding branding. Is it a VIVO conference? Julie: Co-located. Anna: A bit confusing. Terrie: Is there a hotel? Possibly Airbnb? Save money? Can we have net revenue? Steve: Okay with moving forward. Networking important. Perhaps developer focused meetings could be spilt off and refocus the conference on higher issues related to research networking and expert finding. Erin: Worth trying something new. Conference difficult the last two years. Be careful of message that conference is North American.
- Call for agenda items at the conference LG meeting (Julia, 5 minutes). Draft agenda is on the wiki here. If you have items, please see the wiki.
- Proposals to discuss. PDF available here: 190830 VIVO Steering Ideas and Proposals.pdf
- Buddy system for new LG members (Erin, 10 minutes). Steve is a new member of LG and SG, but Steve is not new to the project. Mike: Sounds good. Someone should talk to Steve. Steve: Sounds good. Anna: Beginning was difficult. The group was already formed, but people provided help. Julia was very helpful. A good experience for me.
- Potential help with membership (Erin, 10 minutes). Erin: 10% of David and 10% of Michele supporting membership. What do members value? We had membership at risk. We have very limited resources on membership. How can load be shared with membership task force? Mike: we have 23 members of 51 sites. That is outstanding member participation. Julia: Membership would focus on retention and engagement and asking members what they value? Erin: Can this group participate in some way? Doug: Need help translating up the line to upper management. Need to sell it every year. Terrie: Our leadership sees VIVO has cheap – only $20K. Mike: Agree, Health Centers spend millions on dozens of things. Agree that understanding the value proposition for upper management is the most important thing we can do. Erin: Terrie's experience speaks to being fully sold on VIVO.
- Adding Erin/ Director of DCSP as a voting member to the LG (Erin, 10 minutes). Mike: Dilution of membership benefits could be raised. I would abstain from any motion to add voting members of LG that are not members of the organization. Terrie: is there a rationale for adding Erin as a voting member? Erin: All stakeholders should have voting representation. The home is a stakeholder and has the same stake as the members. Doug: can go to leader. Mike: Agree. Anna, Terrie, DJ: Agree. Steve: Agree.
- Erin’s upcoming leave (Erin, 10 minutes). Later in September. Canadian leave – will be out for six months. Laurie and Robert will attend and will be familiar with budget.