Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Tuesday, May 15, 10 AM US Eastern Time

Connection Info

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://duraspace.zoom.us/j/952326581

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16468769923,,952326581#  or +16699006833,,952326581# 
Or Telephone:
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): 
        US: +1 646 876 9923  or +1 669 900 6833  or +1 408 638 0968 
    Meeting ID: 952 326 581
    International numbers available: https://duraspace.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UwwKqz4RbGAsBAZgCE9XMorMuL0CeV4Q

more details»  copy to my calendar

Attendees

Agenda

  1. Sprint 1 remainders
  2. Sprint 2 work
  3. Ontology unconference sessions at the VIVO Conference
    1. Conference schedule http://vivoconference.org/schedule/
    2. Possible ontology sessions http://bit.ly/2KpI7pV
  4. Documentation
  5. Enabling multiple identities with vCards? (Christian)

Notes

Conference schedule (Mike)

  • Ideas for unconference sessions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iMiht_PhqY8PAVmjMHKSWkwW9GjDaeB65nVnEN6vmpM/edit

  • Ontology task force members are uncomfortable with the schedule for unconferences. All-unconference slots would be prefered to not compete with prepared sessions. General concern with the conference schedule.  Competing with prepared sessions is a problem.  Ontologists will write emails to conference planners.  Try to find times to meet that are not in competitition with prepared sessions.

  • Ideas: Day 2 before the poster reception (Ralph)

  • Meet during lunch (Tatiana)

  • Day 1 in between the workshops (Christian)

  • Shortening the lunch breaks (Ralph)

  • Idea: Asking for complete re-scheduling. Compress the prepared-material-sessions to a three track conference. (Mike)

Sprint 1 (Javed)

  • https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/VIVO/Sprint+1+-+Proposed+Tasks

  • VIVO.owl task was completed and merged

  • Checking vCard ontology finished and reviewed.

  • Identify candidate ontology modules for possible removal.

  • Reworking the firsttime approach should be discussed by the developer call. It’s maybe no longer necessary as a caching solution

  • Mike used Wilma because it’s the default theme

  • Ralph: tenderfoot should not be used. Everything should be tested with Wilma.

Enabling multiple identities with vCards (Christian)

  • 2 different objectives:

    • reproducing the authorships as a text string “as published” in the original publication

    • enabling people to have multiple identities

    • Mike: Data preserving idea

    • Ralph: Why not keeping multiple identities (list of a.k.a.)

    • Mike: We had also know as in the early VIVO days

    • There is a data property namePublishedAs that can be associated with the authorship

    • Behaviour of the system should be improved. A.k.a. should be integrated in the researchers profile

    • Mike: Getting names right is important to the people who have names. And that’s all of us.



In Progress or Review Ontology Issues

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh

Open Ontology Issues

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Loading...
Refresh