Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attending: Vinopal, Metz, Prater, Anez, Field

Zoom Link: See invitation

Agenda

  • Review of action items.
    • These action items were all pre-pandemic. Remove?
  • Changes to Steering Group Elections
  • Changes to Leadership Elections

Notes

Member forum second week in June:  Membership story

Forum is not for leaders or steering
Give overview of Fedora Governance (outline difference between steering and leadership)
Talk about Lyrasis  (Lori, Robert)

  • Current priorities:  Fedora 6, migrating from Fedora 3 to Fedora 6, building community
    Membership:  community engagement and outreach – how to get involved
    Fedora 6
    Life during COVID:  how are people doing?  How is COVID affecting budgets, signing up for membership
  • Many budgets in flux, many will not know what will be possible
  • as of 5/29:  seven people signed up (out of 47 people)
    Rosy will send a follow-up email, reminding people;  Lyrasis will send out links to Zoom session to Fedora list subscribers

Discussion topics for second quarterly meeting (already done)

Current priority:  maintain current membership, shift focus away from gaining new members

  • Membership bridging resolution passed
  • Membership invoices went out in April:  reviewed list of membership status spreadsheet
  • Future effort to check in with people whose renewal status is still unknown

Steering elections coming soon:  is now a good time to be shifting leadership/steering committee, with memberships down, future uncertain?

  • Leadership Group elections: submit proposal to extend term for leadership group to two years with 1/2 the elected seats up for renewal every year
    • staggered turnover:
      • proposal for how to stagger
        • Bronze: 3 seats (extend 2, end term 1)
        • SIlver: 3 seats (extend 1, end term 2)
        • Gold: 4 seats (extend 2, end term 2)
        • At-large: 2 seats (extend 1, end term 1)
  • Steering Group elections:
    • Does not apply to chair, chair-elect
    • Three-year terms, 1/3 roll off every year
    • Next meeting leadership meeting: in August
    • Encourage leadership to run election but to reelect current members for continuity of strong leadership



Action Items

  • No labels

1 Comment

  1. Should we clarify that the number of seats per membership level is dependent on total numbers of memberships at each level.  This only makes an impact where we have specifics but because our notes are kept for awhile,  think it is worth revising the proposal. We could address this by level as in  "Bronze: 3 seats representing 24 members", "Silver: 3 seats representing 15 members", and "Gold: 4 seats representing 8 members". Or we could also edit the main bullet with "proposal for how to stagger seats (number based on membership levels each election cycle). I think I like the later with a link best.