Attending: Vinopal, Metz, Prater
Zoom Link: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/j/8128353771
- Review of the membership analysis. Below are the areas for improvement
Long Tail of Membership
Representation of Diversity
- Brainstorm actionable ideas based on the recommendations
Where should we focus membership engagement? Report outlines three groups to focus on
Group A: high number of sites and members (US, Canada, UK, Australia, Switzerland)
Looking at gap between installation sites and memberships
- US 144 / 46
- Canada 28 / 7
- Oceania 40 / 4
- UK 24 / 5
- Europe 104 / 10
- Asia 11 / 1
- Latin America 6 / 0
Group B: high number of implementations, no members
- Spain: 11 installations, 0 members
- New Zealand: 13 installations, 0 members
- Lithuania: 17 installations, 0 members
- Germany: 12 installations, 1 member
- Croatia: 9 installations, 0 member
- France: 5 installations, 0 member
- Italy: 5 installations, 0 member
- Greece: 4 installations, 0 members
Group C: low number of sites and members ← doesn't make sense to us to focus here.
Note: We did not get to discussing items 2 and 3.
Recommendations from the Group:
- General Recommendations for moving work forward
- Develop a story for library directors re: why you should join Lyrasis AND Fedora?
- Does Lyrasis have a communications & marketing profession who could help us develop a more sophisticated and successful outreach/membership development strategy?
- What support services does Lyrasis offer to its communities?
- Membership Specific Recommendations
- Focus on locations with high gap between high implementations with low/no memberships (Group A and Group B)
- Target specific consortia and membership orgs (e.g., UK-based Digital Preservation Coalition, DCC, ask David about Canadian Consortiums)
- Jennifer Vinopal , Scott Prater , and Rosalyn Metz : Confirm at the quarterly Leadership Meeting that the Communications Group is working on developing a story for membership outreach.
- Jennifer Vinopal , Scott Prater , and Rosalyn Metz : Provide recommendations for focus at the quarterly Leadership Meeting (?)
- Rosalyn Metz : Reach out to Mic to find out if we can discuss the Membership Analysis report in more detail.
- Rosalyn Metz : Reach out to Laurie to discuss services in more detail