This is a summary page of the metadata projects/priorities identified by the October 2011 community survey on improving metadata support authored by the DSpace Community Advisory Team at the request of the DSpace Committers/Developers . DCAT has summarized and interpreted the information gathered from the survey estimated level of effort required. DSpace community members should feel free to add more detailed explanation/examples to further flesh out the changes/requirements they would like to see. It is recommended that a community project team be formed around this work.
- Updating the Qualified Dublin Core registry in DSpace to the latest standards of the DCMI
- Standardizing the default namespaces
- Adding metadata authority controls/vocabularies to the data model
- Moving metadata related configurations from dspace.cfg to the database
- Develop support for additional metadata standards (use the "Other" field to specify which standards)
- Improved (or more transparent) flexibility
- Enhancing the metadata available for Communities, Collections and Files (bitstreams)