Today's Meeting Times
Friendly reminders of upcoming meetings, discussions etc
- DSpace 7 Working Group: Next meeting on Oct 25 at 14:00 UTC
DSpace 7 Entities Working Group: Next meeting is Nov 6
Last meeting (including video recording): 2018-10-23 DSpace 7 Entities WG Meeting
- DSpace Developer Show and Tell Meetings: Next meeting is Oct 30 at 15:00 UTC on Docker Updates
If you have a topic you'd like to have added to the agenda, please just add it.
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 6.x Status Updates for this week
- 6.4 will surely happen at some point, but no definitive plan or schedule at this time. Please continue to help move forward / merge PRs into the dspace-6.x branch, and we can continue to monitor when a 6.4 release makes sense.
- DSpace 7.x dependency update PRs
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2235 (Update all webapps to Servlet API Spec v3.1)
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2244 (Apache Commons Configuration v1 → v2 and Commons Lang v3)
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2241 (Log4j 1.2 → 2.x) – Is this ready for review?
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2058 (Solr v7). Tim will be adding some fixes
- Dependent on schema changes in https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1810
- DSpace 6x: Merge Legacy and Current Statistics: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1810
- Docker PRs (Terrence W Brady) : DSpace and Docker#Proposal:SupportMultipleJDKVersions
- Brainstorms / ideas (Any quick updates to report?)
- (On Hold, pending Steering/Leadership approval) Follow-up on "DSpace Top GitHub Contributors" site (Tim Donohue ): https://tdonohue.github.io/top-contributors/
- Follow-up on Curation Task Reporting (PR 2180)
- Bulk Operations Support Enhancements (from Mark H. Wood)
- Curation System Needs (from Terrence W Brady )
- Tickets, Pull Requests or Email threads/discussions requiring more attention? (Please feel free to add any you wish to discuss under this topic)
These topics are ones we've touched on in the past and likely need to revisit (with other interested parties). If a topic below is of interest to you, say something and we'll promote it to an agenda topic!
- Management of database connections for DSpace going forward (7.0 and beyond). What behavior is ideal? Also see notes at DSpace Database Access
- In DSpace 5, each "Context" established a new DB connection. Context then committed or aborted the connection after it was done (based on results of that request). Context could also be shared between methods if a single transaction needed to perform actions across multiple methods.
- In DSpace 6, Hibernate manages the DB connection pool. Each thread grabs a Connection from the pool. This means two Context objects could use the same Connection (if they are in the same thread). In other words, code can no longer assume each
new Context()is treated as a new database transaction.
- Should we be making use of
SessionFactory.openSession()for READ-ONLY Contexts (or any change of Context state) to ensure we are creating a new Connection (and not simply modifying the state of an existing one)? Currently we always use
SessionFactory.getCurrentSession()in HibernateDBConnection, which doesn't guarantee a new connection: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-6_x/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/core/HibernateDBConnection.java
- Should we be making use of
Help us test / code review! These are tickets needing code review/testing and flagged for a future release (ordered by release & priority)Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P Status Fix Version/s
Newly created tickets this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Assignee Reporter P Status
Old, unresolved tickets with activity this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P Status
Tickets resolved this week:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
Tickets requiring review. This is the JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets:Click here to expand...
Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P