Today's Meeting Times
Friendly reminders of upcoming meetings, discussions etc
- DSpace 7 Working Group (2016-2023): Next meeting is Jan 18 at 15:00 UTC in DSpace Meeting Room. See wiki page for meeting details and past meeting notes.
- DSpace 7 UI Mockups - Watch this page for UI/UX mockups that are currently under discussion, etc.
DSpace Entities Working Group (2017-18): Next meeting is Jan 19 at 15:00 UTC. See wiki page for meeting details and past meeting notes.
If you have a topic you'd like to have added to the agenda, please just add it.
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 7 Status Updates for this week
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 6.x Status Updates for this week
DSpace 6.3 Release Planning is ongoing. Looking for more contributors!
Ongoing work on DSpace Java code style: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1895
Tickets or Pull Requests requiring attention? (Please feel free to add any you wish to discuss under this topic)
These topics are ones we've touched on in the past and likely need to revisit (with other interested parties). If a topic below is of interest to you, say something and we'll promote it to an agenda topic!
- Management of database connections for DSpace going forward (7.0 and beyond). What behavior is ideal? Also see notes at DSpace Database Access
- In DSpace 5, each "Context" established a new DB connection. Context then committed or aborted the connection after it was done (based on results of that request). Context could also be shared between methods if a single transaction needed to perform actions across multiple methods.
- In DSpace 6, Hibernate manages the DB connection pool. Each thread grabs a Connection from the pool. This means two Context objects could use the same Connection (if they are in the same thread). In other words, code can no longer assume each
new Context()is treated as a new database transaction.
- Should we be making use of
SessionFactory.openSession()for READ-ONLY Contexts (or any change of Context state) to ensure we are creating a new Connection (and not simply modifying the state of an existing one)? Currently we always use
SessionFactory.getCurrentSession()in HibernateDBConnection, which doesn't guarantee a new connection: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-6_x/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/core/HibernateDBConnection.java
- Should we be making use of
Help us test / code review! These are tickets needing code review/testing and flagged for a future release (ordered by release & priority)Click here to expand...
Newly created tickets this week:Click here to expand...
Old, unresolved tickets with activity this week:Click here to expand...
Tickets resolved this week:Click here to expand...
Tickets requiring review. This is the JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets:Click here to expand...
IRC Transcript is available at - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2018-01-17