Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, June 27, 2012

Agenda

Regular Items

Discussion Topics

  1. Feedback on Robin's DAO Work: DS-1172 and Pull Request #22
  2. This will be the last "official meeting" before OR12 (Next week, July 4 is a US federal holiday. Others are welcome to self-organize a meeting, but Tim will not be around on that day). There will also be no meeting the week of OR12, as many/most will be in Edinburgh. This means the next official DSpace Developers Meeting is Weds, July 18.
  3. Any final feedback on the agenda for DSpace Developers Meeting at OR12 ?
    • Volunteers to help lead the sessions that need a "Discussion Director"?
  4. Tim would like to propose JIRA Workflow Improvements, to try and clean up the number of "Open" issues and make it clearer what specific issues need to move out of the "Open" status. (As needed, this can also be discussed in more detail at OR12 as necessary, during the "Discussion of DSpace Developer Practices" near the end of the day.)
  5. 3.0 Release Updates / Possible feature updates or ideas (REMINDER: Add your planned 3.0 contributions to the 3.0 Wiki Page)
    1. Where should translations of individual modules like Discovery go? Including them in the main messages.xml currently works. This should be answered before freeze time, it already poses another barrier for commiting of translations, see DS-1049, DS-1054. This is a subproblem of i18n Improvements Proposal, but let us not divert this discussion too much to broad topics. ~~helix84
    2. DS-531: ETD-MS schema out of the box. Again, the larger problem is that our metadata schema should be brought up-to-date with DCMI, but maybe we could tackle this smaller issue of ETDs. I suggest we add a "thesis" schema with 5 fields mentioned in this table to support ETD-MS out-of-the-box. ~~helix84
  6. Need to review Guidelines for Committing based on GitHub/Git?
    • Thoughts on how we rework these polices to our new GitHub development environment (with Pull Request policies, etc.)?
  7. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. How can we "catch up" with JIRA Backlog?
    • Do we need to "split up" the tickets & do quick reviews on our own? Or perhaps just split up tickets & do a very quick ranking & schedule ones with patches for 3.0?
    • Perhaps we schedule a "JIRA Backlog Bash" event (via IRC or similar) where we work together to decrease the backlog over a few days or a week (think of this like a "Test-a-thon" but instead we'd be working to just clear out the backlog as best we can).
  2. Brainstorming Features/Changes for 3.0. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

JIRA Review, DS-1172, Final planning for OR12 mtg, JIRA Workflow Improvements

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

Action items coming out of this meeting go here, if any.

  • No labels