This page will describe what you would need to do to move your VIVO instance from one machine to another. This is related to installing a VIVO instance and backing up your VIVO instance.
- Make a backup of your current VIVO source directory
- Make a backup of your current VIVO relational database
- If different from your relational database, make a backup of your current VIVO triple store
- Copy these backup files to your new machine
- Create the vivo database, using the same username and password as the previous machine
- Load the relational database from the backup
- If you're installing everything into the same place that they were installed on the original machine, then there are no configuration changes to be made
- Otherwise, you'll need to modify your *.properties files, changing any paths necessary
- If your relational database and triple store information are the same as before (same graphs, same usernames, same passwords), then there are no configuration changes to be made
- Otherwise, you'll need to modify your *.properties files, changing any username and password information for relational and semantic stores
- Make sure tomcat is NOT running prior to building and installing VIVO
- Build and install VIVO
- Start tomcat
And that should be it.
- Prior to VIVO 1.6, this is the
deploy.properties file in the VIVO source directory.
- In VIVO 1.6 and later, this is the
build.properties file in the VIVO source directory, and the
runtime.properties file in the VIVO home directory.