This page was created after the DCAT Meeting September 2015, where a working group was formed to prepare the test plans for the DSpace 6 Testathon.
- Create two plans, one for XMLUI, one for JSPUI
- Create these plans as collaborative spreadsheets (Google Docs)
- Group the different tests per user persona/access level
- Anonymous - Non-authenticated, anonymous users
- Submitter - Authenticated user with submission rights
- Collection Admin - Authenticated user with collection administration rights
- Admin - Authenticated user with admin rights
- Create plans to be used on demo.dspace.org
- As a secondary benefit, it would be great if these plans can work as a model for in-house testing of your own upgrades.
- It should be very clear what the reference installation on demo.dspace.org entails
Out of scope
- Specific work on DSpace documentation
- This will be treated in parallel, related to each new feature for which documentation needs to be reviewed
- Tests for the other DSpace webapps
- Performance and Load tests
JSPUI Test plan: TODO
Different people's own test plans (examples)
Virginia Tech, VTechWorks - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-20Y06C8dP2VzWxaSBbMnXgvuBOQoc3D0chJGRmyGg/edit?usp=sharing
- Bram: column with "expected results".
- DISLIKE / NOT APPLICABLE
Georgetown University Institutional Repository - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QkasjcwhhiAj4HXIDFDeX7TFEocwnqsZGnmDTHNmnCs/edit?usp=sharing
- Bram: Section column to group tests together
- DISLIKE / NOT APPLICABLE
- Categorization of what the different types of feedback can be
- DISLIKE/NOT APPLICABLE HERE
- Columns for different servers
- Mix of things that can be tested in the UI & technical things that can only be verified by an admin.
- DISLIKE / NOT APPLICABLE HERE
Mandatory fields (per test)
Structure of the test spreadsheets
Requirements for demo.dspace.org installation
Integrations with external systems
Following integrations may not be enabled out of the box. They need to be configured to ensure they are "up and running" on demo.dspace.org.
- Google Analytics
- Creative Commons (licensing)
- Sherpa Romeo Lookup
Checklist for features that should be enabled
- Workflow: Basic workflow or XML workflow ??? Only one of the two can be enabled.
- PDF cover page?
- Collection strength should be shown
- Legacy stats ???? (Bram: I'm not in favor of still showing these or recommending use of them to anyone, but some people still seem to use them)
- Thumbnail generation (filter media execution and potential XPDF installation)
- outgoing email
DRAFT of our procedures that we want to add to the official testathon page
Unless specified otherwise, the credentials that should be used for the tests are the ones listed on the demo.dspace.org/xmlui and /jspui homepages.
Testathon page: DSpace Release 6.0 Testathon Page