Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, July 22, 2015

Today's Meeting Times

Agenda

Discussion Topics

  1. DSpace 5.3 Bug Fixes / Outstanding PRs. Finalizing the Release Schedule
  2. Migrating off SourceForge
    1. In light of most recent SourceForge failure/downtime (See: https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops), Tim has been working to migrate the last of the DSpace stuff off SourceForge
      1. Release Downloads have been migrated to GitHub: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/releases
      2. Mailing lists will be migrated to Google Groups (once export capabilities are restored on SourceForge).
  3. DSpace 6.0 Status
    1. @mire will be presenting to us on "Service API + Hibernate" work on Thurs, July 23 at 15:00 UTC.
      1. See announcement on dspace-devel: http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/Special-Topic-Meeting-DSpace-quot-Services-API-quot-project-July-23-15-00-UTC-td4678814.html
    2. Volunteers for some refactoring tasks?
      DS-2188 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      DS-2187 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    3. Release Team members still needed!
  4. RoadMap work (no new updates this week)
    1. Design - Single UI Project has some rough timelines on likely plans.
      1. Rough draft of Prototyping a Future UI which describes what the prototyping process may look like (feedback welcome!)
    2. A "UI Working Group" will be formed by end of July
      1. In next few weeks, we'll announce an open meeting (anyone can attend) to discuss the upcoming UI Prototyping and get volunteers for Working Group.
      2. Working Group will help us to "oversee" the prototyping process and the final decision making process.
      3. Announcements will go to DSpace lists. We'll also be directly emailing folks who expressed interest at OR15 or via email.
  5. Other topics?

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)