Contribute to the DSpace Development Fund
The newly established DSpace Development Fund supports the development of new features prioritized by DSpace Governance. For a list of planned features see the fund wiki page.
The DSpace Steering Group is the primary decision-making body of the DSpace Program. It sets the strategic direction of the program, with advice and consent of the Leadership Group. It provides on-going program oversight and ensures that the priorities of the Leadership Group and members are met.
Steering Group members are elected and empowered by the Leadership. Their responsibilities include:
- Operational oversight, including time-sensitive decision-making
- Development of strategic priorities, for approval by Leadership
- Recommendations for budget allocations, for approval by Leadership
- Assistance with fundraising
- Commissioning of and liaising with working groups
- Agenda-setting for quarterly Leadership Meetings
Composition of the Steering Group
- The Steering Group is composed of 10 voting members (9 elected members, plus a permanent LYRASIS seat).
- Elected Steering Group members serve for three-year, renewable terms.
- Steering Group members are elected by the Leadership, but can be from outside of the Leadership Group. If a Steering Group member is not also on the Leadership Group, they may still attend Leadership meetings in a non-voting capacity.
- The Steering Group meets monthly.
- Steering Group meeting notes are shared with Leadership Group members but not made publicly available. (Meeting notes here: DSpace Steering Home)
- The Steering Group communicates decisions within 2 days of a meeting to the Leadership Group to ensure transparent communication. Any Leader or Steerer can call an emergency meeting of the Leadership Group on these decisions.
2022/2023 DSpace Steering Group Members (alphabetical order):
|DSpace Steering Group Members|
Pascal-Nicolas Becker (2022-2025)
|CEO, Founder||The Library Code|
Lieven Droogmans (2021-2024)
Scott Hanrath (2020-2023)
|Associate Dean||University of Kansas|
Agustina Martinez (2022-2025)
|Open Research Systems Manager||University of Cambridge|
Erik Moore (2021-2024)
|Head, University Archives & Co-Director, University Digital Conservancy||University of Minnesota|
Susanna Mornati (4Science) (2021-2024)
|COO, CCO, Business Strategist, Business Technologist||4Science|
Jere Odell (2020-2023)
|Scholarly Communication Librarian||Indiana University Purdue University Indiana|
Kristi Park (2020-2023)
|Executive Director||Texas Digital Library|
Maureen Walsh (2021-2023 - Chair)
|Scholarly Sharing Strategist||The Ohio State University Libraries|