Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 33 Next »

Date

No meeting on Thurs, Nov 28th because of the USA Thanksgiving holiday (28th-29th).

 from 15:00-16:00 UTC

Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).

Agenda

  • (15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).

    • Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
    • Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
  • (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
    1. Updates on 7.0 Release Schedule from Leadership & Steering
      1. Working to ramp down DSpace 7 Entities Working Group by Jan 1.  Seems likely that most of the Entities / OpenAIRE work (if not all) will be completed or "in code review" by end of December anyhow.
      2. As of Jan 1, we'll be one working group (this one).  Working Group will start to work more in a "sprint-like" fashion.
      3. Goal is to work together to release a new updated "beta" per month (starting in Feb).  These Betas will be layering on new features each month, until we hit 7.0 Final.  Releases will be simple (like was done for "7.0 Preview") – just cut a tag, and push release via Docker. (I.e. this will NOT be a full Maven release process, as these Betas are simply for early community testing & feedback.)
        1. Tim will post more info on each "Beta" soon (by next week).
      4. Leadership & Steering will be looking to align paid development resources to help with these Beta sprints (to help ensure we have consistent development resources).  That said, volunteer-based development will continue to be welcome, as it will help us move even faster.  More info will be coming.
    2. (Ongoing Topic) High priority REST Authorization efforts (and upcoming PR from Andrea Bollini (4Science) ).  Any questions or concerns needing discussion?
    3. Take decision about CORS headers, Shibboleth and "withCredentials" issue:  DS-4396 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • (15 mins) Planning for next week

Attendees

Current Work

Legend for status icons

(blue star) = Highest Priority tasks (please prioritize these reviews/tasks over others). These are tasks with lots of dependencies

(error) = review done, changes were requested or bugs found.

(tick) = review done, approved.

(warning) = review done, merge conflict or other minor changes requests

1 APPROVAL = pull request only requires a single approval to merge.  This is generally reserved for PRs which are either smaller, obvious, and/or bug fixes with tests to prove they work.  

Tickets / PRs In Progress

  1. (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI  https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/356 (work in progress) (Lower priority)
  2. (warning) (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) )
  3. (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45 (Ben Bosman  - has outstanding questions/comments) (Lower priority)
  4. (REST) DS-4043: Revisit the security layer of the submission  (work in progress) Andrea Bollini (4Science)
  5. (REST) Pagination bug with withdrawn items: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2406 (Dimitris Pierrakos , Ben Bosman - Feedback provided)

PRs Needing Review

  1. (REST Contract) Group and eperson management: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 (Tim Donohue - feedback provided,  Andrea Bollini (4Science) - (warning) feedback provided)
  2. (blue star) (REST Contract) Contract for authorizations endpoints https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/92 ( (tick)Ben Bosman, (tick) Paulo Graça, (tick) Tim Donohue)
  3. (REST) REST endpoint for discovering withdrawn and private items. https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2580 (Tim Donohue - minor suggestions, Ben Bosman )
  4. (REST) DS-4389 improving patch system framework Part 1 https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2591 (Andrea Bollini (4Science)Tim Donohue)
  5. (NEW) (REST) Ds 4317 bundles in rest continued https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2600 (NEEDS REVIEWERS)
  6. (NEW) (REST) Initial Implementation of Resource Policies endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2604  (NEEDS REVIEWERS)
  7. (Angular) Shibboleth integration support: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/429  (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) reviewed again fixed error with yarn start, Fernando FCT/FCCN, Paulo Graça - feedback provided)
  8. (Angular) Add community & collection tree https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/505 ((tick)Tim Donohue - code works, but test failures, Michael Spalti , Paulo Graça )
  9. (Angular) Edit collection - content source tab https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/5061 APPROVAL  (Paulo Graça - issues found, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
  10. (Angular) Add/Edit Community and Collection Logos https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/512 (Art Lowel (Atmire) - (warning) provided feedback, Tim Donohue  - (warning) tested but ran into bugs)
  11. (NEW) (Angular) [DS-4400] Fix for minor edit metadata bug https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/537 (Tim Donohue(tick))
  12. (Backend) dspace.bat file: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2544 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue - (tick) Verified on Windows. One minor change needed,  Mark H. Wood  , Alexander Sulfrian, Chris Wilper , Andrea Bollini (4Science) - (tick) verified on linux) 

PRs Merged this week!

  1. (tick) (REST Contract) Contract for resourcepolicies: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/87
  2. (tick) (REST Contract) Workflow step definitions https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/91
  3. (tick) (REST) Ds 4317 bundles in rest https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2548
  4. (tick) (REST) Scripts and processes endpoint https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2529
  5. (tick) (REST) Bug in GET collections https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2594
  6. (tick) (REST) REST Projections initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2547
  7. (tick) (REST) CRUD for collection item template https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2579
  8. (tick) (Angular) Spanish Translation https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/515
  9. (tick) (Angular) Add support for bundles https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/509
  10. (tick) (Angular) i18n: Placeholder catalogs as a starting point for translators https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/521
  11. (tick) (Angular) Search Sidebar refactor https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/513 1 APPROVAL
  12. (tick) (Angular) Tracking stats from the UI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/495
  13. (tick) (blue star) (Angular) Refactor Submission Parsers https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/508
  14. (tick) (Angular) Add support for locally hosted fonts: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/528 1 APPROVAL

Blocked

  1. (Blocked PRs go here)

Delayed / Needs Discussion

  1. Managing Authorization info in Angular UIHow to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular?  See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
    1. Can this be achieved via passed HAL "_links" (e.g. the existence of an "edit" link in REST response means you must have Edit rights)?
    2. In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
      1. Also likely to need to store/cache a user's Groups in UI layer, as some areas (e.g. Administrative) require knowledge of user group membership
      2. Andrea Bollini (4Science) has investigated on that and created the following resources/proposals: 
      3. REST Authorization
      4. https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/87 
      5. https://github.com/4Science/Rest7Contract/pull/1
  2. REST API Projections:  DS-3533 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    1. Work begun in https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2547 (by Chris Wilper)
      1. Based on detail discussions in our Oct 17 meeting
    2. (Outdated) Early work begun at https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1847.  Discussed in more detail in our Aug 22 meeting.  Overall, this approach seems like a good direction, need volunteers to move it forward.
    3. https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/issues/2 (discussion resumed by Andrea Bollini (4Science) could be relevant for the projection)
  3. Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
    1. https://cwilper.github.io/dspace-perftest/
  4. (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
    1. Delayed until after Preview release. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior.  Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata.  Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.  
    2. Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question.  May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
    3. Timeline for this is uncertain.  Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
  5. Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8).  What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object?  Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
    1. We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
    2. ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
    3. ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs.  Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.

Notes


  • No labels