No meeting on Thurs, Nov 28th because of the USA Thanksgiving holiday (28th-29th).
from 15:00-16:00 UTC
Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
- (15 mins) Planning for next week
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Next tasks from Development Planning Spreadsheet
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Chris Wilper
- Paulo Graça
- Dimitris Pierrakos
- Julius Gruber
- Laura Henze
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker
Tickets / PRs In Progress
- (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/356 (work in progress) (Lower priority)
- (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45 (Ben Bosman - has outstanding questions/comments) (Lower priority)
- (REST) DS-4043: Revisit the security layer of the submission (work in progress) Andrea Bollini (4Science)
- (REST) Pagination bug with withdrawn items: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2406 (Dimitris Pierrakos , Ben Bosman - Feedback provided)
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) Group and eperson management: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 (Tim Donohue - feedback provided, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - feedback provided)
- (REST Contract) Workflow step definitions https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/91 (Andrea Bollini (4Science), Mark H. Wood)
- (REST Contract) Contract for resourcepolicies: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/87 (Ben Bosman , Tim Donohue - minor feedback provided)
- (REST Contract) Contract for authorizations endpoints https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/92 (Ben Bosman, Paulo Graça, Tim Donohue)
- (REST) Scripts and processes endpoint https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2529 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue - Controllers need minor corrections, Dimitris Pierrakos) - Was reviewed by Ben Bosman internally.
- (REST) Ds 4317 bundles in rest https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2548 ( Ben Bosman, Tim Donohue - Controllers need minor corrections, Chris Wilper )
- Also requires PR#509 (Angular), otherwise Angular demo will break
- (REST) REST Projections initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2547 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) , Ben Bosman , Tim Donohue )
- (REST) CRUD for collection item template https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2579 (Michael Spalti, Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire))
- (REST) REST endpoint for discovering withdrawn and private items. https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2580 (Tim Donohue, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (NEW) (REST) Bug in GET collections https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2594
- (NEW) (REST) Ds 4389 improving patch system framework Part 1 https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2591
- (Angular) Shibboleth integration support: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/429 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) reviewed again fixed error with yarn start, Fernando FCT/FCCN, Paulo Graça - feedback provided)
- (Angular) Tracking stats from the UI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/495 (Tim Donohue , Paulo Graça , Chris Wilper )
- (Angular) Add community & collection tree https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/505 (Tim Donohue , Michael Spalti , Paulo Graça )
- (Angular) Edit collection - content source tab https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/5061 APPROVAL (Paulo Graça - issues found, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (Angular) Refactor Submission Parsers https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/508 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) , Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) Add support for bundles https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/509 1 APPROVAL ( Tim Donohue, Chris Wilper )
- Depends on PR#2548 (REST API)
- (Angular) Add/Edit Community and Collection Logos https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/512 (Art Lowel (Atmire) - provided feedback, Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) Search Sidebar refactor https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/513 (Tim Donohue, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (NEW) (Angular) Spanish Translation https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/515 1 APPROVAL (NEEDS REVIEWER)
- (NEW) (Angular) i18n: Placeholder catalogs as a starting point for translators https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/521 (NEEDS REVIEWERS)
- (Backend) dspace.bat file: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2544 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue - will test on Windows, Mark H. Wood - feedback provided , Alexander Sulfrian, Chris Wilper , Andrea Bollini (4Science) - will test on linux)
PRs Merged this week!
- (Angular) Refactor object lists https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/497
- (Angular) forceBypassCache should be removed from the RequestService: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/468
- (Angular) Routing by handle and uuid: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/490
- (Angular) i18n sync script https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/504
- (Blocked PRs go here)
Delayed / Needs Discussion
- Managing Authorization info in Angular UI: How to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular? See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
- Can this be achieved via passed HAL "_links" (e.g. the existence of an "edit" link in REST response means you must have Edit rights)?
- In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
- Also likely to need to store/cache a user's Groups in UI layer, as some areas (e.g. Administrative) require knowledge of user group membership
- Andrea Bollini (4Science) has investigated on that and created the following resources/proposals:
- REST Authorization
- REST API Projections:
DS-3533Getting issue details...
- Work begun in https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2547 (by Chris Wilper)
- Based on detail discussions in our Oct 17 meeting.
- (Outdated) Early work begun at https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1847. Discussed in more detail in our Aug 22 meeting. Overall, this approach seems like a good direction, need volunteers to move it forward.
- https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/issues/2 (discussion resumed by Andrea Bollini (4Science) could be relevant for the projection)
- Work begun in https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2547 (by Chris Wilper)
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed until after Preview release. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.