from 14:00-15:00 UTC
Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
- "Scripts & Processes" endpoint proposal / proof-of-concept (Continuation)
- Original REST Contract PR: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/17
- Atmire implementation proposal (to refactor ~6 scripts initially for DSpace v7): https://gist.github.com/benbosman/b2388ef670ddf8b8819720b04bcebd59
- "Scripts & Processes" endpoint proposal / proof-of-concept (Continuation)
- (15 mins) Planning for next week
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Next tasks from Development Planning Spreadsheet
Heather Greer Klein (Out of office Sept 23-24 at DSpace North American User Group)
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Chris Wilper
- Terrence W Brady
- Paulo Graça
- Dimitris Pierrakos
- Julius Gruber
- Laura Henze
Tickets / PRs In Progress
- (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/356 (work in progress) (Lower priority)
- https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) ) (Angular Bug)
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45 (Ben Bosman - has outstanding questions/comments) (Lower priority)
- (REST) DS-4043: Revisit the security layer of the submission (work in progress) Andrea Bollini (4Science)
- https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 (Waiting on updates fromBen Bosman ) (REST Contract) Group and eperson management:
- (REST) Pagination bug with withdrawn items: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2406 (Dimitris Pierrakos , Ben Bosman - Feedback provided)
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) Scripts & Processes endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/17 Updated based on feedback during the meeting
- (REST) Issue when community has multiple dc.title values https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2486 ( Tim Donohue , Andrea Bollini (4Science) - feedback provided)
- (REST) Oai harvesting setup https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2491 (Tim Donohue - Minor improvements requested, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (REST) Spring security for createAndReturn with parent id https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2489 (Tim Donohue - Minor improvements requested, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (NEW)(REST) Endpoints to collect statistics https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2502 (Ben Bosman , Mark H. Wood )
- (Angular) Item-Collection Mapper: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/348 ( Tim Donohue - noted errors in testing, Art Lowel (Atmire))
- (Angular) Shibboleth integration support: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/429 (Julius running into an error with 'yarn start' only) (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) reviewed again and provided feedback will help with debugging, Fernando FCT/FCCN, Paulo Graça)
- (Angular) Submission Miscellaneous fixes: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/432 (Art Lowel (Atmire), Tim Donohue - Noted performance issues)
- (Angular) Redirecting user to same page after login https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/467 (Art Lowel (Atmire), Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)- REREVIEW)
- (Angular) forceBypassCache should be removed from the RequestService: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/468 (Art Lowel (Atmire) - feedback provided, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (Angular) Collection pages WIP: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/472 (Art Lowel (Atmire) - feedback provided, Tim Donohue)
PRs Merged this week!
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2495 (Backend) Upgrade to Solr 7: support sharded statistics
- (Backend) Solr 7 fixes for upgrading to DSpace 7 https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2393
- https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/439 (Angular) Convert i18n files to JSON5 format
- (Angular) Move Item Component: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/335
- (Blocked PRs go here)
Delayed / Needs Discussion
- (REST) Scripts & Processes endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/17
- Managing Authorization info in Angular UI: How to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular? See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
- Can this be achieved via passed HAL "_links" (e.g. the existence of an "edit" link in REST response means you must have Edit rights)?
- In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
- Also likely to need to store/cache a user's Groups in UI layer, as some areas (e.g. Administrative) require knowledge of user group membership
- REST API Projections:
DS-3533Getting issue details...
- Early work begun at https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1847. Discussed in more detail in our Aug 22 meeting. Overall, this approach seems like a good direction, need volunteers to move it forward.
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed until after Preview release. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.
Improve/Re-enable End To End (e2e) Testing. Could there be opportunities to use Travis CI + Docker Compose for testing of Angular?? https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/453#issuecomment-519672141
- Docs: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/docker/#using-docker-compose
- Blogpost on how to do it: http://elliot.land/post/using-docker-compose-on-travis-ci
- An example travis.yml file: https://github.com/Ortus-Solutions/docker-buildfiles/blob/master/.travis.example.yml
Scripts & processes endpoint discussion:
- Change the name of the script to the identifier
- Add message when a task is scheduled: https://restfulapi.net/http-status-202-accepted/
- Should we use the long or short format for the parameters? Keep the short format for now
- What is the added value of a curation task vs performing scripts from REST:
- Both can be executed from REST in DSpace 7
- Curation tasks can also be scheduled during the workflow
- Migrating current command line script to curation tasks wouldn't make much sense
- Is there sufficient added value to keep curation tasks?
- Continue this discussion next week when Tim is present