Go to LD4L Wiki Gateway
LD4L 2014, which was the Linked Data for Libraries original grant running from 2014-2016, has been completed. This page is part of the archive for that grant.
The first meeting of the full LD4L project team took place at Stanford University's Meyer Library on January 30-31, 2014. Over the two days, we accomplished the following:
- Reviewed the overall project goals and timeline for the two years of Mellon-funded effort.
- Presented on the tools, systems, and background knowledge each partner brought to the effort, including VIVO, LibraryCloud, StackLife, Hydra, Stanford CAP, Harvard Profiles, and VIVOSearch
- Created a set of LD4L Working Groups (LD4L 2014) to focus on Ontology development, Engineering, Use Cases, and Outreach and Workshop Planning.
- Brainstormed and documented an initial set of Use Cases for the project.
- Identified a set of potential Data Sources from each of the project partners.
- Created a list of potential partners to contact about working together on the project.
- Agreed on a standard set of collaboration tools and practices.
- Held an initial discussion of the structure for the ontology.
- Created a list of short-term actions and goals for the team over the next 1-2 months.
- Set a time for a monthly all-hands team teleconference.