This Confluence wiki site, maintained by DuraSpace prior to the recent merger with LYRASIS, will transition from the duraspace.org domain to the lyrasis.org domain on Saturday, Nov 16 beginning at approximately 7pm ET. A period of downtime of 2-3 hours is expected. After the transition, this wiki will be available at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/. All links to duraspace.org wiki pages will be redirected to the correct lyrasis.org URL. If you have questions prior to or following the transition please contact: wikihelp@lyrasis.org.
Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

  • Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Time

  • 10:00am Eastern/14:00 UTC

Dial-in

We will use the international conference call dial-in. Please follow directions below.

  • U.S.A/Canada toll free: 866-740-1260, participant code: 2257295
  • International toll free: http://www.readytalk.com/intl
    • Use the above link and input 2257295 and the country you are calling from to get your country's toll-free dial in #
    • Once on the call, enter participant code 2257295

Future DCAT Meetings

Mark your calendars with the next several months of DCAT mtgs:

April 8, 2014 - 10am Eastern/14:00 UTC
May 13, 2014 - 10am Eastern/14:00 UTC

Attendees

 

Discussion Items 

 

Discussion Notes 

1) News

  • sponsor summit summary at next DCAT mtg

2) Metadata team update

  • project update
    • mtg on 2/25
    • Stephanie Roll DC expert consultant attended
    • need to update draft mapping
    • goal for 5.0
      • DC terms is in 4.0
      • Bram adding tkts for some of code req'd
      • need to add new DC and deprecate current DC in 
      • need to get some idea if there are implications for Vision work
    • next mtg on 3/25 - Maureen can't make it, but will talk with Sarah about re-scheduling
    • Val to send "chair code" to metadata team
  •  OR14 panel
    • Elin, Bram can attend
    • need to find someone who knows about metadata in Europe - possibly Jessica Lindholm
    • Sarah might be able to go if panel is accepted

3) JIRA

DS-570 - Getting issue details... STATUS Lily: Texas A&M has patch, will submit in the next few weeks. For Lilly: Code Contribution Guidelines

  DS-1815 - Getting issue details... STATUS Lily: Texas A&M is interested, looking at if they can contribute.

DS-1783 - Getting issue details... STATUS  &  DS-1242 - Getting issue details... STATUS  Elin: definitely of interest, big project; Maureen: DCAT contribution could identify parameters - types of config changes that would be helpful - uploading input forms, changing themes, things that you can switch on/off, (not everything). DCAT look through config file for DSpace 4 and identify what would be most helpful to include. Elin will download 4.0 config file. Maureen: have a config panel/dashboard that you add to over time/versions. Include question about JSPUI/XMLUI. 


Action Items   

  • Sponsor Summit recap - Val to summarize at next DCAT mtg
  • Metadata team mtg re-scheduling - Maureen will talk with Sarah
  • Metadata team needs to update draft mapping
  • Val to send conf call "chair code" to metadata team
  • Metadata team - need to find someone who knows about metadata in Europe to sit on OR14 panel - possibly Jessica Lindholm?
  • DS-570 - Getting issue details... STATUS Lilly Texas A&M has patch, will submit in the next few weeks.
  • DS-1815 - Getting issue details... STATUS Lilly has talked with Texas A&M developers, looking at if they can contribute
  •   DS-1783 - Getting issue details... STATUS  &  DS-1242 - Getting issue details... STATUS  To be discussed at the next DCAT mtg: identify parameters - types of config changes that would be helpful - uploading input forms, changing themes, things that you can switch on/off, (not everything). DCAT look through config file for DSpace 4 and identify what would be most helpful to include. Elin will download 4.0 config file - DONE. Include discussion/question about JSPUI/XMLUI.