This documentation relates to an old version of VIVO, version 1.11.x.
Looking for another version? See all documentation.
The root user and users with the role Site Admin are allowed to create user accounts. To create a user, one has to follow these steps:
- Enter the 'Site Administration'.
- Choose 'User Accounts' from the menu 'Site Configuration'.
- Click on 'Add new account'
- Mandatory fields to enter are 'Email Address', 'First name', and 'Last name'.
- Choose a role for the respective user. More information about the role management can be found in the 'System Administration' section of this documentation on the page 'Creating and Managing User Accounts'.
- (optional) To support self-edit, add a value for the Matching ID. The Matching ID is a datatype property set in
runtime.properties. The value you enter on the user account must match the value on the user's profile.
- Click 'Add new account'
In normal operation, an email will be sent to the address entered notifying that an account has been created. It will include instructions for activating the account and creating a password.
For more information on user accounts, see Creating and Managing User Accounts