This documentation relates to an old version of VIVO, version 1.10.x. Looking for another version? See all documentation.
- The label on the AdvisingRelationship is optional. VIVO constructs a label consisting of the Advisors label, the Advisee's label, some text representing the type of relationship
- The AdvisingRelationship can optionally have one of the types below:
- The AdviseeRole relates the AdvisingRelationship to the Advisee. This pattern is common for modeling roles and relationships.
- The AcademicDegree is optional. It may be present for AdvisingRelationships leading to a degree.
- The AdvisorRole relates the AdvisingRelationship to the Advisor. It uses the same pattern as the AdviseeRole.
- The AdvisingRelationship may have an associated DateTimeInterval. See DateTimeValue and DateTimeInterval Models for details regarding modeling DateTimeIntervals.