The VIVO Project funds travel to support its efforts. Travel funds are discretionary and limited. Travelers are asked to minimize their expenses by choosing cost effective options for their travel such as lower priced accommodations, early bird registration, and low cost ground transportation.
- A travel budget for the fiscal year is established and approved by the VIVO Leadership Group.
- Each travel must be approved by the chair of the Leadership group (LG Chair) prior to travel.
- Each reimbursement after travel must be approved by the chair of the LG Chair.
- VIVO pays economy air travel, hotel, registration, travel to and from the venue, and to and from the airport as needed.
- VIVO pays reasonable meal expenses for meals occurring during the travel.
- VIVO does not pay for alcohol or entertainment.
- All expenses must have receipts.
- Expenses are reimbursed after travel occurs.
- Traveler requests approval for travel via email to LG Chair. Traveler includes benefit to the project for travel, and estimated expenses.
- Travel is approved by LG Chair
- Traveler makes travel arrangements and travels, collecting receipts.
- Traveler submits travel reimbursement form (attached) to firstname.lastname@example.org and copies LG Chair. For LYRASIS employees, a summary of expenses from Expensify can be submitted instead of spreadsheet
- LYRASIS waits for approval from LG Chair
- LG Chair approves reimbursement
- LYRASIS reimburses the traveler