Calls are held every Thursday at 1 pm eastern daylight time (GMT-5) – convert to your time at http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
Please add additional agenda items or updates --
Alex Viggio will be leading the call this week
- obfuscating unique IDs
- publications data from Elements
- adding grants data
- OpenSocial-related bug fixes for VIVO 1.5.1
- Ops improvements
- optimizing people ingest
- indexing performance VIVO v1.4 (faster) vs v1.5 – waiting for 1.5.1
- planning to make our VIVO public on 9/12
- exploring interest around a VIVO instance to support a big conference
Update on VIVO 1.5
Modifications to 1.5 have improved performance on VIVO Cornell – work still in progress for inclusion in a 1.5.1 release.
At the moment, we're trying out C3P0 and we've noticed a marked improvement over commons-dbcp. We haven't been seeing the thread blocking we saw with commons-dbcp, and things overall look much healthier. We still aren't getting the overall performance that we would normally expect from the Cornell installation, and that could be related to pool tuning. We're also going to see if things improve further by switching back to a single database connection per HTTP request pattern; we should know early next week. (post by Brian Lowe to the development list)
Notable Development List Traffic
- (Eliza) Not able to delete completely
- Possible issue with Reasoner's state, going into Ingest Tools and clearing the 'rebuild' and 'scratchpad' models. Bigger question about root cause and how to resolve.
- VIVOFEED-1099: Does your virtual appliance support VMware? In short, you mention VMware on the download page, but when I try to add the OVA I get an error message about "Unsupported hardware family 'virtualbox-2.2'.".
- There are instructions on how to import a VirtualBox image into VMWare – maybe these instructions aren't easily found or are out-of-date. May need to change export procedure or import steps.
- (Nick V) Security on a Fuseki SPARQL endpoint – from VInce, it doesn't matter what is in the configuration file - if the fuseki server is started without -update it will not allow updates at all. This is why I left the update configuration in, as if I ever decided I wanted to play with the concept of updating through Fuseki I wouldn't have to go research how to configure it in the .ttl file.
Items for next week
Alex Viggio is arranging with Debbie Brodt-Giles from the National Renewable Energy Lab for a member of her development team on the OpenEI site to join the call to discuss their use of Semantic Mediawiki.
On Thursday, September 20, the development call will serve as a definitive discussion on the proposed move of the VIVO, Vitro, and Tools code from SVN on SourceForge to Git on GitHub.
Opinions may be registered in advanced on http://vivo.ideascale.com:
1. Please join my meeting. https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/322087560
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (773) 897-3008
Access Code: 322-087-560
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 322-087-560