Thursday, September 3, 2020, 10 AM US Eastern Time
To join the online meeting:
- Go to: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/vivo1
One tap mobile:
US: +16699006833,,9358074182# or +19292056099,,9358074182#
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 929 205 6099 or 877 853 5257
Meeting ID: 935 807 4182
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aeANHanzED
Ontology Interest Group Google Folder https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1RGBh4fDZdzpJdwyiUMO8OPWwkcmVYrI0
Google Doc for meeting notes: https://bit.ly/2BUp5Jn
- Work in progress
- LANG – https://github.com/vivo-community/language-ontology
- Academic Degree Ontology (ADO)
- AEON updates next call
- Language Ontology:
- Melanie: https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/taskgroup/BABEL-TG-Charge.pdf (charge) https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/taskgroup/task-groups.html (report) mentions use of ISO-639 for languages. Implementation issues: if BIBFRAME it would use the ontology, if MARC, then codes.
Anna: Situation in Germany: MAB, PICA, etc.
https://dini.de/ag/kim/ / https://wiki.dnb.de/display/DINIAGKIM/Linked+Library+Data+Gruppe is working on the topic
- Switching to another date for the meeting - we have to wait for the LG to decide about their day. Best days seem to be Monday or Wednesday.
- Mike: We need to have specificity in our definition to better distinguish things. Class restrictions might be a viable way.
Blank nodes oftentimes lead to complications in implementation of ontologies
Brian: When VIVO was developed, class restrictions had to be blank nodes.