Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Call-in Information

Attendees

(star)  Indicating note-taker

  1. Brian Lowe
  2. Ralph O'Flinn
  3. Mike Conlon
  4. Huda Khan
  5. Andrew Woods (star) 

Agenda

  1. Proposed policy update
    1. Email subject "Vote: Updated Language for 'Development Processes' "
    2. Vote closes Dec 3rd
    3. Votes:
      1. +1 = 5
      2. 0 = 0
      3. -1 = 0
  2. Next week's dev call - facilitator?
  3. Tickets that need help
    1. VIVO-1718 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    2. VIVO-1723 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    3. VIVO-1728 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    4. VIVO-1732 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    5. VIVO-1734 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  4. Reflection on the UQAM i18n demo
  5. Review of  vivo-project repos  for appropriateness of being supported by Committers
  6. Reflection on technical roadmap progress towards Product Direction for 2019
  7. Short-term development activity
    1. Extract ontology from core codebase
    2. Extract languages from core codebase
    3. Move from 'develop' to 'master' branch

Notes 

General

  1. Based on recent participation on 2019-11-26 - VIVO Development IG call...
    1. We should investigate support for right-to-left text
    2. What are the available, common approaches?
    3. From that list of approaches, what would make sense in the VIVO context?
  2. ACTION: Mike to share updates to VUE that enable Java 8 / 11 build to pass

Proposed policy update

  1. We have majority approval at this point
  2. Vote will close Dec 3rd

Next week's Dev Meeting

  1. Ralph will facilitate

Tickets in Review

  1. VIVO-1723 and VIVO-1728 are ready for test... but should wait on up-stream changes to be finalized before closing
  2. VIVO-1732: One more review to commit!
  3. VIVO-1718: ...extended conversation
    1. Where is transaction logging?
    2. Graham has a pull-request
    3. Delta Patch server does not contain "who" performed the action
    4. Change RDFService to include "user"?
    5. What is software evaluation check-list (legal requirements)?
      1. Accessibility
      2. Enterprise logging
      3. Security
      4. GDPR
      5. ACTION: Andrew to consult with LYRASIS on check-list of requirements
        1. https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/

Projects to potentially transition from vivo-project to vivo-community

  1. Agreement (from those on call) to transition the following to vivo-community
    1. ontology-explorer
    2. VIVO-Harvester
  2. Transition process
    1. ACTION: Andrew to establish agreement from Committers on transitioning the above two projects
    2. Notify vivo-tech of the transition
      1. Opportunity for community member to take over maintenance of these projects
      2. Update READMEs to note that repos may go away in the future
  3. We should investigate the possibility of "formalizing" or otherwise enabling the discontinuation of the "dependencies" GitHub repo
  4. Does anything need to be done with the "orcid-api-client" GitHub repo?

Actions

  • Mike Conlon to share updates to VUE that enable Java 8 / 11 build to pass
  • Andrew Woods to consult with LYRASIS on check-list of requirements around "enterprise systems"
  • Andrew Woods to establish agreement from Committers on transitioning the above two projects
  •  

Previous Actions

  • No labels