Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Friday, September 13 at 11:00 EST

Attendees:

Ann Beynon(star) Robert Cartolano, Mike Conlon,  Federico FerrarioAnna Guillaumet ,Dong Joon (DJ) LeeVirginia (Ginny) Pannabecker, Matt Mihalik for hannah sommers,Julia Trimmer,Alex Viggio,, Paul Albert for Terrie Wheeler Violeta Ilik

LYRASIS:

Erin TrippAndrew Woods , Robert Miller,  Laurie Arp

Regrets:

 Christian Hauschke,  Tom CramerDoug Hahn

(star) Note taker

Connection Information

To join the online meeting:

Agenda

Please review notes from the August 30 Steering Group meeting and the September 4 VIVO Leadership Group meeting (minimal notes).

  1. Quick updates (Julia/Erin, 10 minutes)
    1. Responses to governance exercise
    2. Financial processes at LYRASIS 
  2. Proposal to co-locate the EFS Forum and the VIVO Conference: find the Prospectus here (Julia/ all, 20 minutes)
  3. Proposal to add Erin Tripp/Director of DCSP as a voting member (Julia/ all, 15 minutes)
  4. Next steps for VIVO task forces: (Julia, 10 minutes)
    1. Create wiki page
    2. Send call for community members
    3. Set meeting schedule
    4. Establish goal and target dates

Notes

  1. Updates (Julia/Erin)
    1. Governance exercise - led by Erin - outcomes to be shared on October 11
    2. Financial processes at LYRASIS - Erin, Robert, Hanna, Julia
      1. review of proposed new budget for VIVO
      2. follow-up meeting next week - membership dollars, overhead, travel, explanation of LYRASIS budget approach, and VIVO approach a "rosetta stone" for the terminology used to determine budget.
      3. plan to review proposed budget at VIVO member meeting on November 8th
      4. Mike - input into the budget by steering group before November - Julia - preliminary budget to be shared with Steering before November.
  2. Proposal to co-locate the EFS Forum and VIVO Conference
    1. discussed at August 30 Steering Group meeting
    2. Discussion - open discussion, review of prospectus
    3. Julia requests to collect more feedback, will share a form for members to provide input
    4. Ann - Charleston conference is 11/2-6/2020, potential attendance overlap
  3. Proposal to add Erin Tripp/Director of DCSP, as a voting member
    1. Erin - providing framing
    2. Discussion
    3. Summary - more information to be captured, review current voting mechanisms, experiences with other projects
  4. Next Steps for VIVO task forces
    1. Julia - discussion about task force, participation, setting goals
  5. Conference Summary
    1. Violeta - only a few responses to the survey so far
    2. Julia - suggest that we add conference summary to next meeting agenda
    3. Discussion
      1. consensus that it was a great conference
      2. Anna - approaches between Europe and US - more in common, we can collaborate
      3. Violeta - engage with European community - from almost every country in Europe
      4. hear the voices of community, differing requirements
      5. bring people together to meet in person




  • No labels