Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
To join the online meeting:
- Go to: https://duraspace.zoom.us/j/823948749
- Or iPhone one-tap :
- US: +14086380968,,823948749# or +16468769923,,823948749#
- Or Telephone:
- Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
- US: +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
- Meeting ID: 823 948 749
- International numbers available: https://duraspace.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Qy8de-kt6W4fMMDQCAV_3qfH1W-lxAo5
- Ralph O'Flinn
- Tim Worrall
- Don Elsborg
- Andrew Woods
- Huda Khan
- Kitio Fofack
- Benjamin Gross
- Christian Hauschke
- Aaron Collier
- Muhammad Javed
- Mike Conlon
- Steven McCauley
- Qazi Asim Ijaz Ahmad
- Brian Lowe
- 1.10 Release updates
- Branches (maintenance and development)
VIVO-Harvester - not released, no testers and unable to buildClick here to expand...
- Javadocs – Suggested discussion from Don
- Mailing list activity
- New tickets
- - VIVO-1528Getting issue details... STATUS (Vitro pull-request)
- - VIVO-1443Getting issue details... STATUS (or not so new)
- Suggested updates from Michael J. Giarlo
- “Basically done.” Way to go Ralph! Future releases should go more smoothly in terms of standard Maven processes.
- Ralph working on release process documentation.
- 1.10 specific documentation is complete.
- Release announcement is pending, but the release can be cloned/downloaded.
- These branches/projects were released:
- Vitro: rel-1.10-maint, develop
- VIVO: rel-1.10-maint, develop
- jenatools: rel-1.2-maint, master
- Vitro-Languages: rel-1.10-maint, master
- VIVO-Languages: rel-1.10-maint, master
- orcid-api-client: rel-1.6-maint, master
- VIVO Harvester not released
- Should Vitro and VIVO develop get merged into master? That’s how it was done in the past. Possible committers discussion point.
- Kitio: would be simpler if we ensure consistency across the projects – all use master or all use develop
Mailing list activity
- Pedro’s Freemarker questions - needs to identify pages, not sure if data getters are the right approach. He needs to use the Developer Toolbar to identify what pages are being loaded.
- VIVO-1528 input field for plain text
- Mike: it’s a great idea, but we shouldn’t overload the datatypes (string vs xml). One method would be to use an annotation property that identifies which editor to use.
- Huda: is the best strategy to just turn off html editing for now and then determine which properties need it.
- Ralph: if this requires an ontology change does that mean a major release? Additions shouldn’t, only changes to the structure (Benjamin).
- Andrew: take the pull request, then create a new issue for addressing the larger issue of html editing.
- Javed: do we make the editor an option that the user chooses on the front end?
- Tim: but what if the user chooses the wrong one and winds up with bad data?
- Brian and Huda to comment on the pull request.
- Brian: should this issue be tabled until it can be discussed by the ontology team?
- VIVO-1443 – Decouple VIVO build from installation.
- During the release effort, some people ran into problems because of the way the build and installation process under Maven currently works.
Javadocs (from Don)
- Custom list views broke when doing an upgrade. Difficult to pinpoint where the issue is. Would having javadocs fix/prevent this situation?
- There’s a lot of documentation in the wiki, but not enough that helps people sort through the code.
- Don Elsborg to document "firsttime" resolution in CU BOulder wiki, circulate this doc to email list and discuss as a team how to integrate this in VIVO documentation