This documentation relates to an old version of VIVO, version 1.6.x. Looking for another version? See all documentation.
This page will describe what you would need to do to move your VIVO instance from one machine to another. This is related to installing a VIVO instance and backing up your VIVO instance.
- Make a backup of your current VIVO source directory
- Make a backup of your current VIVO relational database
- If different from your relational database, make a backup of your current VIVO triple store
- Copy these backup files to your new machine
- Create the vivo database, using the same username and password as the previous machine
- Load the relational database from the backup
- If you're installing everything into the same place that they were installed on the original machine, then there are no configuration changes to be made
- Otherwise, you'll need to modify your *.properties files, changing any paths necessary
- If your relational database and triple store information are the same as before (same graphs, same usernames, same passwords), then there are no configuration changes to be made
- Otherwise, you'll need to modify your *.properties files, changing any username and password information for relational and semantic stores
- Make sure tomcat is NOT running prior to building and installing VIVO
- Build and install VIVO
- Start tomcat
And that should be it.
- Prior to VIVO 1.6, this is the
deploy.propertiesfile in the VIVO source directory.
- In VIVO 1.6 and later, this is the
build.propertiesfile in the VIVO source directory, and the
runtime.propertiesfile in the VIVO home directory.