From Last Meeting
- Review External Recommendations doc - Producing an activity stream
- Review Notifications examples
- Handling dates
- Notifications Example walk through starts at 2:41
- Send Lynette editor details (your name, institution, OrcId)
- Instructions for editing documents are in README in GitHub
- startDate - specifies the moment the activity began or is scheduled to begin
- endDate - specifies the moment the activity concluded or is expected to concluded
- published - date and time at which the object was published
- updated - date and time at which the object was updated
- deleted - timestamp for when the object was deleted (requires Tombstone object)
published, updated, deleted - datetime stamp about when something happens in the stream
startDate, endDate - seem like they relate to the source dataset
How are changesets handled?
- Purpose: notifications of change
- Hit the feed, inspect the date, go back to point where you last synced.
Feedback on External Recommendations
Feedback on Notifications Examples
- Notification to a single institution when a requested entity that was missing becomes available. This will likely be outside the main change management stream.
- Value of diagraming to express changes as a means of conveying information around where data is being produced, where it goes, etc.
- Partial splits and partial merges.