Page tree

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date: 

Attendees: Tim, John, Lynette, Huda, Steven, Adam, Jason, Simeon

Regrets: 

Agenda & Notes

Review actions from 2019-09-06 Cornell LD4P2 Meeting notes

  • Lynette Rayle  will work with Michelle to develop a prioritization process. Steven Folsom is starting the slack thread b/t Michelle and Lynette
    • 2019-08-30 Steven and Michelle had a call and will filter new requests using :+1: style voting from the cohort. Have separated 8 or 9 out of 20 requests which are just small drop-downs and wouldn't benefit from QA work – PR for this has and issue that Steven is working with Jeremy on
    • 2019-09-06 Process agreed, waiting on Michelle Futornickto push out request for input
    • 2019-09-13 Request for input had 20 Sep due date, when results collated we'll follow that priority order for QA work. Steven Folsomwill lead our completion of our input on Sinopia requests with focus on show stoppers for Discogs cataloging work
  • Simeon WarnerLynette RayleSteven Folsom to apply for LODLAM
    • Not done, deadline in 30 Sep
  • Tim Worrall to update discogs code to use standard bnode format
    • 2019-09-13 Tim about half way through this
    • Tim Worrall to check that Sinopia actually supports n3 (with prefixes and compacted statements) and not just ntriples
  • Steven Folsom to update discogs profiles to remove old pattern resulting in unnecessary bnodes
    • 2019-09-13 all done, demo
  • Huda Khan et al. – KPAOW video and write up: Make short video. Write up successes, difficulties, lessons, data and index needs, areas for continued work (if and when)
  •  Issues:

Status updates and planning

  • Prep for Cataloging Sinatra and other 45's (Discogs data, https://github.com/ld4p/qa_server/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ADiscogs)
    • ON HOLD pending more work in Sinopia to import data. Sinopia work cycle 2 will we hope include the ability to read in RDF back from Trellis. We hope that we can leverage this to import RDF from a lookup in Discogs or ShareVDE
    • Expect to start cataloging work on Oct 1, will start with work on things without discogs data pending an update to Sinopia with discogs lookup/load
  • Enhanced Discovery (see also https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/sJI7Bg and https://github.com/LD4P/discovery/projects/1)

    • BAM! (to run through end October)
      • Updating Initial draft of BAM plan
      • Had DOG meeting to discuss meaning and intentions of browse
        • One is open ended search like physical browse
        • Another is berry picking, finding stepping stones to desired outcome by refining – this seems easier to design for
      • Huda plans to do some with with Astrid at Stanford LD-BL meeting
      • Tim will extend work connecting in with LOC for subject and perhaps author browse
      • John looking at expanding related searches section
  • Authority Lookups for Sinopia (Lookup infrastructure: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/2, Authority requests: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/1)
    • Still investigating speed and concurrency - this is a high priority for Sinopia team
    • ISNI discussions stalled – will be interested to see how high this comes out in the prioritization. Given that there isn't an LD API the best approach would likely to be a discogs-like conversion from JSON built into QA server
  • Travel and meetings (see LD4P2 Cornell Meeting Attendances)
    • LD4 BL meeting September 23 week in Stanford
      • Huda, John, Steven going
    • European BIBFRAME Summit in September 16-17th-ish
      • Jason going and ARM/rare-cohort proposal accepted
    • Blacklight Summit will be at Duke, 9, 10, 11 October at Duke
      • Huda
    • Samvera Connect, week of October 21 (WUStL)
      • Lynette to present on QA (Simeon also going but not on LD4P funds)
    • Fall partner and cohort meeting in DC, November 12/13
    • 5th International LODLAM SUMMIT at the The Getty Center in Los Angeles. February 3-4, 2020
      • Steven is on the planning committee, Lynette and Simeon to apply
      • Expect to have a "tool challenge" - a competition before the conference
    • LD4 Conference at College Station, TX (TAMU) - May 2020
    • rdfs:seeAlso Conferences Related to Linked Data in Libraries
  • Next meetings:
    • Jason remote, Simeon, Tim out - 20 Sep – will cancel
    • 27 Sep - Steven, Huda, John at Stanford BL meeting