Page tree

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date: 

Attendees: Jason, Steven, Tim, John, Huda, Simeon

Regrets: Lynette

Agenda & Notes

Review actions from 2019-07-12 Cornell LD4P2 Meeting notes

  • Huda Khan will work to get a draft PR to add context in Sinopia lookups and seek review from the Sinopia team, goal is to get this ready for cohort before Sinopia is released at the end of work cycle 4 (end July)
    • Has been working on refactoring to do this. Hope that there might be a PR today with loading icon and search code. Sinopia team have changed QA code recently to save label as well as URI
  •  Issues:

Status updates and planning

  • LD4P2 year 1 update for CUL in July 17 MWG @ 3pm – Reflections
    • Some people kept to time, others not quite (wink)
    • John found it useful to connecting people to projects and terminology. Have sense of "extended context" meaning in our context. Also terms "cohort" , "affinity group", etc.
  • Prep for Cataloging Sinatra and other 45's (Discogs data, https://github.com/ld4p/qa_server/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ADiscogs)
    • ON HOLD pending more work in Sinopia to import data. Sinopia work through work cycle 4 will include the ability to read in RDF back from Trellis. We hope that we can leverage this to import RDF from a lookup in Discogs or ShareVDE
    • Sinopia has a load tab where one can insert some RDF (n3?), linked to a specific resource template, and then it uses the RDF to populate the form. This is interesting but somewhat backwards from our point of view – we would like to trigger the RDF load from Discogs via a lookup. There is also a new "search" tab in Sinopia but it isn't connected to anything right now
      • ACTION - Tim and Steven to try the load tab with data from Discogs and an appropriate template
      • ACTION - Tim to talk to folks to try to get a sense of how much work it would be to connect Discogs lookup to data import
  • Enhanced Discovery (see also https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/sJI7Bg and https://github.com/LD4P/discovery/projects/1)

  • Authority Lookups for Sinopia (Lookup infrastructure: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/2, Authority requests: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/1)
    • Productive meeting on Tuesday with Lynette, Steven, Dave where it was decided that there must be search examples that can be used to demonstrate completion of context addition for a given authority. Things are good on context and QA side but still need to index a number of authorities in D.a.v.e.
    • Have decided on process of github :+1: voting to help prioritize authority work
    • Would be good to understand how our lookup stacks up against the lookups in OCLC Connexion. Not sure when it would be appropriate to do this comparison.
  • Travel and meetings (see LD4P2 Cornell Meeting Attendances)
    • LD4 BL meeting either September 16 or 23 week in Stanford
      • Huda, John and Steven going
    • Blacklight Summit will be at Duke, 9, 10, 11 October at Duke
      • Huda and/or Tim?
    • European Bibframe summit in September
      • Jason going and ARM/rare-cohort proposal accepted
    • Samvera Connect
      • Lynette to present on QA
    • 5th International LODLAM SUMMIT at the The Getty Center in Los Angeles. February 3-4, 2020
    • WikidataCon, Oct 25-26, 2019, Berlin, Germany
      • Hilary will propose talk
    • rdfs:seeAlso Conferences Related to Linked Data in Libraries
  • Next meetings:
    • Lynette won't be at 26 July meeting
    • John out Aug 2
    • Huda has conflict for part of Aug 9 meeting
    • Steven ot Aug 16
    • Simeon out Aug 9 and Aug 16 – Jason will run these meetings
    • Tim out Aug 23