Page tree

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date: 

Attendees: Tim, Simeon, Huda, Lynette, John, Adam

Regrets: Jason, Steven

Agenda & Notes

Review actions from 2019-07-05 Cornell LD4P2 Meeting notes

  • Huda Khan will work to get a draft PR to add context in Sinopia lookups and seek review from the Sinopia team, goal is to get this ready for cohort before Sinopia is released at the end of work cycle 4 (end July)
  •  Issues:

Status updates and planning

  • LD4P2 year 1 update for CUL in July 17 MWG @ 3pm
    • Good to include interface stuff as all of our work in metadata focused
    • Simeon - project intro, positioning, Stanford and Sinopia (7min)
    • Lynette - QA / DAVE and user interface for lookups (7min)
    • Tim - discogs (5min)
    • Steven - Profiles (links QA and Discogs work) (7min)
    • Huda - Discovery (7min)
    • Jason - LD4 community, cohort and future (7mins)
    • Discussion - 20mins
  • Enhanced Discovery (see also https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/sJI7Bg and https://github.com/LD4P/discovery/projects/1)

  • Authority Lookups for Sinopia (Lookup infrastructure: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/2, Authority requests: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/1)
    • The spreadsheet for sub-authority lookup configuration has different sets of context properties for different sub-authorities. Currently the QA configuration doesn't support this so Lynette is working on getting the superset of context properties for each authority. Later work could either have Sinopia configuration to subset this data, or there could be more configuration in QA. See https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/issues/92
    • Work to get context is not currently integrated into Sinopia. Huda will work to get a draft PR to add context in and seek review from the Sinopia team
    • Lynette will have to back off LD4P somewhat in the next few week to focus on other priorities. Will today try to work through as much extended context as possible, create tickets for Steven and Dave as appropriate. A number of auths already return extended context so this won't be a blocked to getting something showing in Sinopia
    • ISNI now have a test LD API and Michelle/Christine are looking at it
  • Prep for Cataloging Sinatra and other 45's (Discogs data, https://github.com/ld4p/qa_server/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ADiscogs)
    • ON HOLD pending more work in Sinopia to import data. Sinopia work through work cycle 4 will include the ability to read in RDF back from Trellis. We hope that we can leverage this to import RDF from a lookup in Discogs or ShareVDE
  • Travel and meetings (see LD4P2 Cornell Meeting Attendances)
    • LD4 BL meeting either September 16 or 23 week in Stanford
      • Huda and John
    • Blacklight Summit will be at Duke, 9, 10, 11 October at Duke
      • Huda and/or Tim?
    • European Bibframe summit in September, call for proposals expected soon
      • Jason considering ARM/rare-cohort proposal
    • SWIB19 25-27 November (Thanksgiving week (sad)) - call deadline passed 26 May 2019, no submission
      • Possibility of QA + Dave in container
      • Consider discovery proposal
    • Samvera Connect
      • Lynette to present on QA
    • 5th International LODLAM SUMMIT at the The Getty Center in Los Angeles. February 3-4, 2020
    • WikidataCon, Oct 25-26, 2019, Berlin, Germany
      • Hilary will propose talk
    • rdfs:seeAlso Conferences Related to Linked Data in Libraries
  • Next meetings:
    • Lynette won't be at Fri 19 or Fri 26 July meetings
    • Think more about wikidata engagement