Page tree

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date: 

Attendees: Jason, Steven, Tim, Lynette, Huda, Simeon

Regrets: 

Agenda & Notes

Review actions from 2019-05-24 Cornell LD4P2 Meeting notes

Status updates and planning

  • Enhanced Discovery (see also https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/sJI7Bg and https://github.com/LD4P/discovery/projects/1)

    • Huda hoping to get Lincoln mockups done and learnt about how to get more from Google Analytics data (can see how people got to request screen) – nothing in last week, Sinopia and planning instead
    • Tim took feedback on related searches to better distinguish the options. Waiting to see where this fits into the enhanced discovery plan
  • Authority Lookups for Sinopia (Lookup infrastructure: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/2, Authority requests: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/1)
    • Dave fixed bug #94 with stop words, Lynette will test and deal with other infrastructure deployments
    • Dave has addressed #53 LCNAF which is not next in qa
    • Lynette will be on LD4P2 next week and will first move forward with things ready to deploy
    • Open questions about how to deal with Share-VDE data for Sinopia – we need to decide whether we will work with various institutional datasets or whether we will instead have everyone working on the Cluster Knowledge Base? We (Cornell) would prefer the CKB but what is the general sense of the cohort? Think that is best decided at the cohort meeting (where Casalini will be present) or very soon after. Suggest that David Eichmannshould hold-off on SVDE/CKB authority support until this is decided – expect that use of one CKB would be rather easier to manage than dealing with each cohort dataset
      • From Slack discussion...

        RE: ShareVDE - At our meeting in Boston, there were questions about whether cohorts wanted access via…

        OPTION 1: search their own data only
        OPTION 2: search all institution’s data
        OPTION 3: choose to search a specific alternate institution’s data
        OPTION 4: search the Clustered Knowledge Base

        And there was a decision point as to whether it would be only one of these options or a combination of options or all options. Casalini seemed to be proposing OPTION 4 as the only needed option.

    • Huda has a PR for Sinopia around dealing with sub-authorities
    • Open question of how/where to indicate that context should be displayed in the Sinopia interface. Steven suggests that displaying the context from QA should be the default rather than the exception. Huda will have to merge other master changes into her branch before making a PR to add context to Sinopia, this is ~1week work – focus for Huda and Tim
  • Prep for Cataloging Sinatra and other 45's (Discogs data, https://github.com/ld4p/qa_server/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ADiscogs)
    • ON HOLD pending more work in Sinopia to import data. 
  • Travel and meetings (see LD4P2 Cornell Meeting Attendances)
    • LD4P June 2019 Meeting: Agenda formation: https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/p4B7Bg
      • Lynette (Tue, 1/2 Wed), Steven, Jason, Huda
      • Partner meeting is day after cohort
      • Cohort discussion topics:
        • How do we handle SHARE-VDE data for cohort institutions in QA? Should these appear as a separate "authority" for each institution or as one commingled set? The latter is perhaps better for taking advantage of reconciliation and promoting improved ways of working with linked data
    • Other meetings
      • IPLC Discovery Day is July 22 – what is overlap? 
      • Blacklight Summit will be at Duke, dates not yet announced 9, 10, 11 October at Duke
        • Huda and/or Tim? Not sure whether a co-located BL ld4 workshop could happen
      • European Bibframe summit in September, call for proposals expected soon
        • Jason considering ARM/rare-cohort proposal
      • SWIB19 25-27 November (Thanksgiving week (sad)) - call is out, extended deadline is 26 May 2019
        • Possibility of QA + Dave in container
        • Consider discovery proposal
      • Samvera Connect
        • Lynette to present on QA
      • 5th International LODLAM SUMMIT at the The Getty Center in Los Angeles. February 3-4, 2020
      • WikidataCon, Oct 25-26, 2019, Berlin, Germany
        • Hilary will propose talk
      • rdfs:seeAlso Conferences Related to Linked Data in Libraries
  • Next meetings:
    • 2019-06-07 - Jason out
    • 2019-06-14 - Lynette out, Steven out, Simeon out => Jason run to touch base on discovery work (unless vacations...)
    • 2019-06-21 - Jason out 
    • 2019-06-28 - just after meetings, Simeon out => cancel
    • Think more about wikidata engagement