Page tree

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date: 

Attendees: Steven, TIm, Huda, Lynette, Jason, Simeon

Regrets: no regrets!

Agenda & Notes

Review actions from 2019-04-19 Cornell LD4P2 Meeting notes

  • Simeon Warner re: Ruby Dev for Enhanced Discovery work
    • 2019-04-26 in progress
  • Lynette Rayle to re-review Tim's 3 issues and one PR for QA and get a community reviewer
    • 2019-04-12 Lynette has done review and looks good, still need to find someone at another institution to review. Lynette will reach out today
    • 2019-04-19 Some progress but not done yet, hopefully next week... then Lynette will include some other things to make a new release
    • 2019-04-26 QA PR is merged and pending next release! Closing issues, done!
  • Steven Folsom  to ping Nancy about need to accuracy tests to move ahead with https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/issues/13

    • 2019-04-19 No update on issue, Steven not here today

    • Tests written by Nancy and issue will be closed when pushed.
  • Issues:

Status updates and planning

  • Enhanced Discovery (see also https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/sJI7Bg and https://github.com/LD4P/discovery/projects/1)

    • Key result from Astrid's user tests is that undergrads do see benefit in author knowledge panels
    • Tim has set up a copy of the D&A system on dev VM using the production Solr index (with special query so it can be tracked separately from real traffic). Will work with Huda to explore adding code to implement some of the mockup additional lookups in a copy of our catalog
  • Authority Lookups for Sinopia (Lookup infrastructure: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/2, Authority requests: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/1)
    • 2019-04-26 SF added context for SVDE entities to spreadsheet, needs review. Still need to write tests. Side note: SF is looking at SVDE's Stardog SPARQL endpoint to see if it's more performant than DAVE.
    • 2019-04-26 Lynette has discussed with Dave and he expects #69 and #53 to be done by end Monday, and then #70 to follow shortly after. #69 unblocks pushing ldpath work without network access up to the live server. Working to get #64, #44, #61 done in live in time for the LD4 conference
    • Huda will add issue about showing context in Sinopia as demo for LD4 meeting
  • Prep for Cataloging Sinatra and other 45's (Discogs data, https://github.com/ld4p/qa_server/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ADiscogs)
    • ON HOLD pending more work in Sinopia to import data. 
  • Travel and meetings (see LD4P2 Cornell Meeting Attendances)
    • LD4 conference and pre-meeting partners (Jason, Steven, Huda, Lynette, Simeon)
      • Simeon has reserved minivan for Wed 8 through Sun 12 May
        • 12:30 at Enterprise - Simeon, Steven, Jason
        • Huda en route
        • Lynette in Cortland
      • Everyone feel free to add to pre-meeting agenda document.
      • What to show at conference?
        • LC NAMES, Genre, Geonames, (and NALT, AgroVoc) all have context – will demo something in Lynette/Dave presentation
        • Discogs lookup, context, and some data import into local Sinopia – in Tim/Steven presentation
        • Astrid/Huda presentation – focus on usability and discovery
    • LD4P June 2019 Meeting: Agenda formation: https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/p4B7Bg
      • Michelle (2019-03-21, email): "June in-person partner meeting in DC: planning hasn't started yet, it would be good to have at least one person from each of Cornell/Harvard/Iowa SLIS/LC/PCC/Stanford involved in the planning. Let me know if you want to take part."
      • Partner meeting is day after cohort; will plan after May meeting
    • Other meetings
      • Blacklight Summit will be at Duke, dates not yet announced
        • Huda and/or Tim? Not sure whether a co-located BL ld4 workshop could happen
      • European Bibframe summit in September, call for proposals expected soon
        • Jason considering ARM/rare-cohort proposal
      • SWIB19 25-27 November (Thanksgiving week (sad)) - call is out, deadline is May 12
        • Possibility of QA + Dave in container
        • Consider discovery proposal
      • Samvera Connect
        • Lynette to present on QA
      • 5th International LODLAM SUMMIT at the The Getty Center in Los Angeles. February 3-4, 2020
      • WikidataCon, Oct 25-26, 2019, Berlin, Germany
        • Hilary will propose talk
      • rdfs:seeAlso Conferences Related to Linked Data in Libraries
  • Next meetings:
    • Think more about wikidata engagement
    • 2019-05-03 Steven out