Page tree

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date: 

Attendees: Jason, Tim, Simeon, Lynette

Regrets: Huda, Steven

Agenda & Notes

Review actions from 2019-04-12 Cornell LD4P2 Meeting notes

  • Jason Kovariwill discuss in LTS whether there a URIs from Share-VDE data that are useful and might be added to catalog. Need to have discussion in LTS – people will need to see / explore data before forming opinions on utility 
    • 2019-04-05 Have dump and is in DAVE, but hasn't been investigated yet
    • 2019-04-19 This task has been overtaken by other priorities for now. Come back to it in a few months, see what experience through QA/Dave is first → moved off to Jason's long-term to-do
  • Simeon Warner re: Ruby Dev for Enhanced Discovery work
    • 2019-04-12 Posted and getting applications...
  • Lynette Rayle to re-review Tim's 3 PRs for QA and get a community reviewer
    • 2019-04-12 Lynette has done review and looks good, still need to find someone at another institution to review. Lynette will reach out today
    • 2019-04-19 Some progress but not done yet, hopefully next week... then Lynette will include some other things to make a new release
  • Steven Folsom and Lynette Rayle to discuss how to use ldpath config to bring out grouping of sub-properties of an intermediate resource

  • Steven Folsom  to ping Nancy about need to accuracy tests to move ahead with https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/issues/13

    • 2019-04-19 No update on issue, Steven not here today

  • Steven Folsom  to discuss with David Eichmann whether use of ldpath to describe data requirements is an issue and how convenient it is to convert to SPARQL

    • 2019-04-19 From Lynette's discussion Dave plans to do conversions to SPARQL by hand, but this is easy to do
  • Issues:

Status updates and planning

  • Enhanced Discovery (see also https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/sJI7Bg and https://github.com/LD4P/discovery/projects/1)

  • Authority Lookups for Sinopia (Lookup infrastructure: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/2, Authority requests: https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/projects/1)
    • Authorities: Lynette has been discussing with Dave, #69 is top priority and blocking other QA/context work, then #53, #70
    • Infrastructure: Focus this week has be QA language #60 pending deployment, and #61. Then #64 and #51 toward next release. Will not try to complete #92 for next release. Want to get #44 done in qa_server
  • Prep for Cataloging Sinatra and other 45's (Discogs data, https://github.com/ld4p/qa_server/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ADiscogs)
    • Still waiting merges to QA
    • Have integrated QA lookup with display of context (including picture!!!), but selecting and item doesn't yet do anything
    • Tim has implemented term fetch with JSON-LD format parameter and writes it out to the console in Sinopia. We are concluding that this work https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/issues/49 is done pending more work on Sinopia to import data. 
  • Travel and meetings (see LD4P2 Cornell Meeting Attendances)
    • LD4 conference and pre-meeting partners (Jason, Steven, Huda, Lynette, Simeon)
      • Simeon has reserved minivan for Wed 8 through Sun 12 May
      • Everyone feel free to add to pre-meeting agenda document.
      • What to show at conference?
        • LC NAMES, Genre, Geonames, (and NALT, AgroVoc) all have context – will demo something in Lynette/Dave presentation
        • Discogs lookup, context, and some data import into local Sinopia – in Tim/Steven presentation
        • Astrid/Huda presentation – focus on usability and discovery
    • LD4P June 2019 Meeting: Agenda formation: https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/p4B7Bg
      • Michelle (2019-03-21, email): "June in-person partner meeting in DC: planning hasn't started yet, it would be good to have at least one person from each of Cornell/Harvard/Iowa SLIS/LC/PCC/Stanford involved in the planning. Let me know if you want to take part."
      • Partner meeting is day after cohort; will plan after May meeting
    • Blacklight Summit should be announced soon
    • European Bibframe summit in September, call for proposals expected soon
    • SWIB19 call is out, deadline in May 12
      • Possibility of QA + Dave in container
    • Samvera Connect
      • Lynette to present on QA
  • Next meetings: