Page tree

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date: 

Attendees: Jason, Steven, Tim, Lynette, Huda, Simeon

Regrets: nope, none, not about anything

Agenda & Notes

Review actions from 2019-02-01 Cornell LD4P2 Meeting notes

  • Steven Folsom keep track of cataloger perspective on work to support LC Names is in QA with context 
    • 2019-01-11 - Dave had added LCNAF to D.A.V.E. and Steven is working on the context needed for the search lookup UI. 
    • 2019-02-01 - Action yesterday. Working with Dave on whether that spreadsheet has all the right information.. may be resolved today?!
    • 2019-02-08 - Answer to previous maybe is "no". Need input from David Eichmannin order to resolve question of whether spreadsheet has all the right information (particularly about need for prefLabel or not, language tags or not) → Steven Folsom will write up new issue and Lynette Raylewill review; Steven Folsomwill then follow up with Dave 
  • Lynette Rayle priority is completion of https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/issues/27
    • 2019-01-25: significant progress. refactored code showing context; fails on certain LD paths and doesn't expand out URIs (e.g.: if do broader, will only give URI, not URI + label) - has not yet attempted to correct. Other Significant item: LDPath gem is doing load for graph every time it tries to access something (SLOW)... may need to fork LDPath gem to make more efficient since will not need to reload graph every time (for our use case). 
    • 2019-02-08 symptoms as above...
  • Lynette Rayle (from discussion of LC Names in QA with context) 1) investigate & document algorithm for selection of languages with label and/or no label. In cases like AgroVoc where languages are handled well then we just want to document the (good) algorithm; but in other cases where language information is wrong we need to be able to turn that off (need more config for this)
    • 2019-02-08 no update
  • Steven Folsom going thru CUL's D&A Jira (next week or so): https://culibrary.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=19&projectKey=DISCOVERYACCESS&view=planning.nodetail
  • Huda Khan & Steven Folsom to go through spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gklgTQUNd9nr3xTl5kdFYK51SRG6TeMRH678N1FtNQ0/edit?usp=sharing assessing difficulty and "linked data wow" factor (BfB)
    • 2019-02-08 no update, will schedule "bang for buck" (BfB) meeting next week
  • Steven Folsom to organize meeting with D&A folks to pick top issue we might address based on the difficulty, wow and D&A input
    • Questions about relation to DCP work, but concerned about different area
    • Meeting scheduled for 2019-03-19 @ 11am, DONE
  • Huda Khan is working on whether usability work on catalogs has been done internally as well as externally to CUL. Code4Lib journal and another has some details
    • 2019-01-18: Have been looking at usability work and literature. Found some older material on Blacklight tests (when facets new), not so much after that. Some log analysis on SearchWorks. Also looking at linked data browser tools. Interesting dissertation from a few years ago on LD exploratory search. See discovery folder, literature exploration NOTES DOCUMENT, initial discussions with Tim regarding knowledge panels etc. , and also Stanford NOTES FROM LAST SUMMER
    • 2019-02-01: Huda is going to work through the notes from Astrid's four user sessions
    • 2019-02-08 Still to do
  • Lynette Rayle will work with Dave on Video Game Genre Forms request https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/issues/42 – pending work from Dave
    • 2019-01-18 Still in Dave's camp
    • 2019-02-08 no progress. In David Eichmann camp until data is added to DAVÉ → suggest that we should add these to the Tuesday meeting. ACTION Lynette Rayleto add to Tuesday meeting agenda
  • Steven Folsomwill follow up with Christine and Marc about what entities we want to support lookup from wikidata
  • Lynette Rayle to work with Dave on QA/DAVE presentation at LD4 Conference
    • 2019-01-18 Going to do this with Dave, working on it this pm
    • 2019-02-08 Just a few hours left...
  • Huda Khan to discuss with Astrid possibility of UX presentation
    • 2019-01-18  Have discussed with Astrid. Abstract "yes" so far
    • 2019-02-08 Going to submit today!
  • Jason Kovariwill discuss in LTS whether there a URIs from Share-VDE data that are useful and might be added to catalog
    • 2019-02-08 ON HOLD until we have some Cornell data back from Casalini (expected early March). Then have discussion in LTS – people will need to see / explore data before forming opinions on utility
  • Jason Kovariwill touch base with Michelle to inquire about how this cohort engagement communication transpires ... and likely correct his confusion over communication issues (how people/institutions engage beyond the Sinopia user group)
    • 2019-02-01 cohort update in planning
    • 2019-02-08 cohort update was sent; Jason will suggest a monthly "cohorte rendezvous"
  • Simeon Warner re: Enhanced Discovery work, will talk with Jessie about Stanford plans and then talk to budget & finance
    • 2019-02-01 Jessie in planning work likely to start after LDCX, likely to include knowledge cards
    • 2019-02-08 have scheduled first discovery affinity group call, focus will be knowledge cards
  • ALL - discuss Cornell goals at LD4 Conference and who might go
    • Expect to send: Jason, Steven, Huda, Lynette, Simeon
    • Jason to discuss whether to spend day or half-day with Harvard folks on Thursday (topics: Wikidata, reconciliation) → Everyone work on agenda document. 
  • Issues: https://waffle.io/LD4P/ld4p2-cornell

Status updates and planning